NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Dark Bayley :laugh:

He does have a point mind about the booking of Asuka. I love everything she does regardless but it's been difficult to tell if she's going to be a face or a heel long-term, and it has been for months. 

And yeah she's going to be really difficult to dethrone in any kind of satisfactory way. Perhaps if one of the joshis they're bringing in for the women's tournament is built really quickly, but I don't know much about them 

I'd like to see Asuka debut on the main roster whilst still the NXT champ. Have her talk shit to the current Raw or Smackdown womens champ and talk big about how she's going to become the first ever NXT AND main roster champ. Then when defending the NXT belt there's a run-in from the Champion she's been talking shit to and she loses the belt ?

I dunno, something like that. It would depend on certain things falling into place but it wouldn't hurt Asuka and it could help make a couple of heels at the same time.

20 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Just want to echo the love for that UK Title match, and also plead that Asuka never be required to emote on camera again.

I think, or at least hope, that her OTT reaction was intentional.

I read it as her complete disgust at the number one contender to her title possibly being some complete randomer who wins a battle royal.

8 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

Asuka has never made the odd appearance on TV either has she as King of sports suggested

Already said I don't watch the main shows, but thought I'd seen some video footage of her on Smackdown in a multi-person match. I didn't mention TV, that was you. She worked the Road to Wrestlemaia shows in March.

If Io & Kairi are going to NXT, she can have programs with / help them find ther feet, I suppose.

Dark Bayley rules all yer fucking your lives.

Fact of the matter is; I’ve secured a lucrative sponsorship deal with Johnny’s Furniture of Wakefield and I’ll be running my first show in August. Venue to be confirmed, but it will be in the W. Yorks area. Five major indie talents already signed and negotiations ongoing with 2 former “World “Champions”. So now you know, I’m both serious and professional about this. Confirmed to appear on the show:-

“The Ace” Kenny Kardaszhian
DivX-ExDiv
Jeff Parrot
Junior Storm
Bongo Kong (stoner character)

Edited by KingofSports

#386 is the first after Mania, but mainly features Takeover recaps and a couple of matches filmed the same night as Takeover.

Id skip to the following week #387, which features Drew McIntyre v Oney Lorcan in a fantastic clash, Nakamura's send off and the debut of my boy Dylan Miley

I thought it read 'Dank Bayley' at first so was interested to see how a meme posting babyface would get over.

Anyway, just watched the latest episode so some assorted thoughts from me:

- Ali Black is growing on me, sweet entrance theme too.

- I want more UK championship matches 

- I like where they're going with Almas

- Roddy Strong is finally giving me a reason to be arsed about him.

On 30/04/2017 at 1:47 PM, Uncle Zeb said:

and also plead that Asuka never be required to emote on camera again.

Don't know the incident you're referring to, but agree with the sentiment. She generally puts happy or emotional across really badly. Must be even more difficult for her, having to throw English into the mix as well. One of her matches with Syuri for SMASH was supposed to be an emotional affair. Syuri did her best, but wasn't entirely convincing. Kana struggled and looked a little uncomfortable with that side of things. Conversely, she excels at slapping / kicking people in the face and ranting in Japanese. A lot of her facials are pretty much pinched from Minoru Suzuki.