NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

"I'm really happy to see Drew McIntyre back in a WWE/NXT ring. From the moment I saw his return promo for #ICW I thought he had the potential to be a very big star - and let the people who make the decisions know about this "new" Drew McIntyre who had been unleashed on the world. I look forward to watching him prove me right."- Mick Foley

because we all know that Foley would hate to be proven wrong on anything

On 15/04/2017 at 9:12 AM, King Pitcos said:

As a rule, no. They've got loads of cameras shooting different angles. But that day, something must have kept going wrong because it went on forever. I couldn't bring myself to watch it on TV so I don't know how much was used.

They repeated the finish of the Raw main event twice at one U.K. Taping as well because the wrestlers kept fucking it up.

It's often hilariously hokey when you're in attendance to see it happen too.

If someone got attacked, they'll return to the ring and claim they want immediate revenge or something similar, and just get beat down all over again.

"I ain't done with you, YET, Snitsky!" etc etc

Decent enough feud ended between Dillenger and Eric Young and EY's elbow from the top was good, but I don't think it warranted the cage. They made a big thing about having never done a cage match in NXT, now they've had 3 in under a year.

Surely this should have been a Last Man Standing match. The Perfect 10 needing to get a 10 count to vanquish his nemesis? And the crowd gets to actually count all the way to 10 with him? It writes itself

It was nice to see Hideo Itami back and looking good in a suit once again. The segment was just what it needed to be, it played to Itami's strengths and I'm intruigued to see where they go from here. Hopefully, for his own sake, Itami can stay injury free for a good long while. With very few established babyfaces in NXT right now this is surely his best chance to succeed.

In an ideal world I'd have him take the belt off Roode ASAP. Not because I'm a Hideo Itami fanboy but I'm just so desperate to see Roode on the main roster!

Too often we're seeing established guys given long runs with the belt, I'd like to see them do more with some unknown quantities and see if they can elevate themselves... this is developmental after all.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

It was nice to see Hideo Itami back and looking good in a suit once again. The segment was just what it needed to be, it played to Itami's strengths and I'm intruigued to see where they go from here. Hopefully, for his own sake, Itami can stay injury free for a good long while. With very few established babyfaces in NXT right now this is surely his best chance to succeed.

In an ideal world I'd have him take the belt off Roode ASAP. Not because I'm a Hideo Itami fanboy but I'm just so desperate to see Roode on the main roster!

Too often we're seeing established guys given long runs with the belt, I'd like to see them do more with some unknown quantities and see if they can elevate themselves... this is developmental after all.

Roode - Itami at the next Takeover which is in Chicago with Itami hitting the GTS for the win?...could be interesting! 

Isn't the point of a cage to keep the heel's cohorts out so the heroic face can beat him fair and square, plus give him a bit of a nasty metal-assisted kicking without breaking the rules? Crowd-popping dive from the heel and a face fleeing instead of winning the pinfall. I get the whole idea of "caged SAniTY" but that should've been a post-victory angle. Really limp sendoff for Dillinger, a LA Luger-Yoko.

Why are so many of the developing talent so limp as faces? Aside from Bayley, it feels like only heels get personalities. Liv and Aaliyah are bland as they come, but I hope they're working with more experienced opponents off TV because everything's still a bit stilted and telegraphed.

Andrade needs more dynamic pyro but him vs Drew sounds tasty. Hopefully it doesn't go technical and degenerates into Almas slapping the shit out of him followed by Drew chucking him about the place.

Dillenger locking Sanity in the cage and escaping was a fucking shocker of a finish. Wolfe climbed into the cage Tye, he'll be able to climb out again and go after you, you wazzock.

You could have easily had the interference and the run in from Strong & Ohno in a Last Man Standing match. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that would have been the better option, but what's done is done and everyone is moving on so bods to it

Edited by WyattSheepMask

3 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

They really need to get Asuka on the main show. The video they aired just further highlighted the gap between her and everyone else.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.  They're busy establishing the next generation of the NXT Women's Division (and I loooove Billy Kay) but the elephant in the room is that they've all lost clean to the champ.  The best ending to this is that she moves up to Smackdown undefeated as a heel and takes on Becky; make something of this streak she's on.

The WWE's version of a cage match never makes sense to me anyway.  It NEVER makes sense for a face to win by exiting the cage; the whole point is to get the heel into a small space so revenge can be extracted.  Surely the rules for a cage match should be... if you leave the cage before a pinfall or submission, you lose?  That way the heel can be desperate to leave as they are chicken and the face gets to hammer them and get a clean pin.

Also, everyone knows Eric Young's nipples can cut through steel.

Hideo Itami does little for me, as all I know of him is that he's injury-prone.  What other choices do they have though, the returning Ohno has already lost clean to Roode.