NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator

So is Miley going to be a "he doesn't know his own strength" kind of monster? That'd be okay, but those 40 seconds posted above have taken me down from a "this guy is AMAZING, can't wait to see him just chucking guys about" to "this might be alright".

At least that backstage video didn't make it onto the episode, unlike Ember Moon's extended whinge. She sounded so entitled!

Oney Lorcan still looks like a gangly gaggle of shite but lord help me if I'm not starting to enjoy his matches. Admittedly my favourite bit was where Drew elbowed him in the head in retaliation for those slaps and he immediately started bleeding. Which, three days on from Jinder Mahal elbowing Finn Balor into another injury, probably isn't something I should have enjoyed quite so much. Good match, though. McIntyre and Roode should be good.

Echo that Dylan Miley guy is a fucking specimen. I don't think I've ever seen more intimidating ripped thighs. Not watched the backstage segment but if he has 'feelingz' it might be a good way to separate him from Strowman etc.Ā 

Great match between Lorcan and McIntyre. I only really saw bits and pieces of Drew in the last couple years and wasn't fussed about anything he did in TNA but that was extremely promising. How good is Lorcan as a utility guy. Not a talker we know that but every time he comes out and has a match it kicks arse

I like Lorcan. His weird body reminds me of MMA fighter Phil Davis and I've enjoyed pretty much every match I've seen him in. He needs to find some kind of personality though. He's like a create-a-wrestler where the creator has given him a body and enough moves to start playing, but none of the important stuff around it. When he walks to the ring, poses for the camera or cuts any kind of promo, it's completely default and generic. I hope one way or another he can take the next step.

I'm not particularly amped for Drew. He had his moments last time he was in WWE, but I wouldn't say he was one I ever thought of as a victim of his booking. It was more that he just didn't stand out in any area. I haven't watched any of his stuff over here or in TNA, though, so I hope he's added some strings to his bow.

I don't know if that was Miley's debut or not, but, if it was, I think it might be the most fun, organic debut I've seen in a while. He stood out straight away and even had me thinking that #DIY's win came across as slightly cheap because of how they avoided him. I mean, they don't lose anything, obviously - logically it's fine - but I was definitely left wanting more of Miley. I didn't even hate that backstage segment. Looking forward to whatever comes next.

It's certainly the first time he's been on the TV show.

A quick google brings up that he has a Football background and was signed to a deal in 2014. Had his first match in March 2015, but didn't wrestle again for another year then had a handful of matches from March-May 2016, and this was his first match back, and only his 10th match overall. Ā I'm assuming that he's had knee issues judging by the size of that brace he had on

My Dad watches wrestling still and once Oney LorcanĀ came out he asked who it was naturally and the only way I could describe him was he's an ugly looking lad who loses all the time but makes everyone else look good in the process. His response..

"oh Brooklyn Brawler then"Ā 

Just now, KingofSports said:

Other than having been there 12 months, what was the point (if any) of the Nakamura love-in? Full roster out there, assumed he was off to RAW or Smackdown. Is he?

He debuted on the Smackdown after Mania, this was his send off

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed this episode, apart from the shitty Ruby Riot (don't like her) / Nikki Cross (don't like her) stuff.

I fucking loved McIntyre when he was last in WWE, until they made him a full-on job guy (and even then he had the odd cracker on Superstars and a decent match against Orton on Raw, iirc), so I was happy to see him back as I don't watch much TNA/BritWres. Fuck me, what a return that was. It helps I'm a fan of Lorcan's stiff style anyway but him and Drew beating the shit out of each other was great. McIntyre vs Roode is going to be greatĀ if they go that route.

I assumed they were going to do something different with this Dylan Miley bloke, as it seemed odd he shook DIY's hand at the start of the match then by the end was a generic monster heel. Not sure where they're going, or if they can pull it off, but he's got a great look and seemed decent enough from the little time he was in the ring. Hopefully they don't fuck him up.

Not entirely sold on Black yet, but interested in seeing more of him. Would've liked this to take place at Takeover though as his debut - I love Cien and think he's too good to be used to put new signings over.

• Paid Members

Was that really the same Drew that was in WWE a few years ago?! I haven't seen him in TNA or on the BritWres scene since he left, but my god he has a real superstar aura about him. He always had tonnes of potential, but never lived up to it and was then pissing about in 3MB. But here he really came across as a real deal- everything came across well. His mannerisms, facials, in-ring- he just looks like he has 'it'. Brilliant little match with Oney as well. No wonder everyone has been raving about Drew over the past year or so, I was worried it was going to be the 'Albert effect'.

Nah, Albert was always shit. Drew was pretty great before he even left WWE, it was just a shame that he didn't become great until after he'd been megapushed and they'd lost faith in him. So by the time he really got his act together, he was already a Superstars jobber. I've only seen bits and pieces of him since he left, but every time I do, he looks absolutely the star that WWE wanted him to be back in 2009. These other promotions have booked him as a big deal and he's lived up to it and then some. If this Drew McIntyre was the one who did the half-hour, twelve-take beatdown angle with Finlay at the Sheffield SmackDown tapings that time, I'd have enjoyed it a lot more.

As a rule, no. They've got loads of cameras shooting different angles. But that day, something must have kept going wrong because it went on forever. I couldn't bring myself to watch it on TV so I don't know how much was used.

They repeated the finishĀ of the Raw main event twice at oneĀ U.K. Taping as well because the wrestlers kept fucking it up.