NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

A lot going on in that battle royal. New faces all over the place. One of them being Candace Le Rae, Gargano's wife/previous tag partner. No introduction for most of the new faces which was odd. I expect it'll be saved for the tournament whenever that is. Crowd turned on Aliyah after she eliminated a couple indie favs then Cross got a "thank you Nikki" for eliminating Aliyah. On purpose to turn Aliyah heel? Her and Liv are certainly not very interesting as they are.Ā 

The bump Ember took at the end looked fucking insaneĀ 

4 way could be good. They absolutely need to have one of the three challengers pin another and bring up Asuka unbeaten. There's just no one around in developmental good enough to beat her

Looking forward to the "Velveteen Dream" Patrick Clark and hope they bring back that synth-funky theme he was using before. He could quickly become one of my favs with that gimmick.Ā 

Heavy Machinery are so much fun! Them v AOP with or without DIY in the mix sounds a blast.Ā 

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

That was a crazy bump from Ember Moon. With her being legit injured, I imagineĀ the match turns in to a triple threat and then Ember faces and probably defeats Asuka at Takeover during Summerslam weekend. However, I'd also like to see Asuka come up undefeated.

Hideo vs Roddy next week should be great.Ā Ā 

• Paid Members

Aliyah is fucking pony isn't she? She looks really crap and fumbles about the ring awkwardly, like a kid pretending to be a wrestler. She doesn't even have the saving grace of being charismatic either. A complete waste of space with shitty cat ears, for some reason. At least with Eva Marie, who also attracted 'non-indie worker' heat, she had a decent look and presence- plus had plenty of charisma.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Aliyah was on Breaking Ground and Regal looked very unimpressed with her idea of her character and entrance. She's absolute shit and looks clueless. The reason she has those shitty cat ears, is because she calls herself 'The Cats Meow' which just adds to her already awful character.Ā 

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Was Itami wearing his old KENTA gear? Or at least something made to look like it? Either way it looked better than his black & yellow

It wasn't any of his old gear as far as I can tell but it did look much better on him than that yellow garb they had him debut in.

It still makes me since a little every time the ref raises his scarred up arm.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, PunkStep said:

The Cats Meow? The fuck does that mean?

Fire her.

It's 20's slang for the "best" or "latest" thing, synonymous to the Bee's Knees or Dog's Bollocks.

She is shit, though.

What do you mean still on, he hasn't been advertised for it at all at any point. Where did you hear that?

I haven't seen anything to suggest that he's scheduled for the NXT tour, there was something on this weeks episode that said that Neville and some of the guys from 205 Live are set to appear, and I would imagine some of the U.K. tournament participants could get a run out too, but there's been nothing to hint that Nakamura will be. Baron Corbin did show up last year though and he'd been on the main roster for two months by then, and Bobby Roode was there too before his official TV debut, so I'm not saying he won't be thereĀ but at the same I wouldn't get my hopes up, Nakamura isn't the sort of guy you don't advertise

Edited by WyattSheepMask