NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I wasn't arsed at all about Itami previously, but this return has been great for him. Good segment with Roode last week and a strong showing in the ring this week. His in-ring stuff looked awkward the last time he came back from injury, like he was afraid to get hurt again, but that isn't the case at all this time.

Strong's another guy I had no interest in, until these excellent video packages. Him vs Itami should be great next week; hopefully shenanigans will take place and we'll get a triple threat match at Takeover. 

The state of Jericho in that Fozzy video.

16 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

He was announced a couple/few weeks after tickets when on sale

In that case like the man in the orthopaedic shoes, I stand corrected. Haven't got any social media so hadn't seen that. Still seems odd that he hasn't been added to any posters, banner ads etc though

That to me points to him as being somebody who isn't showing up. If you have somebody like Nakamura, especially to a crowd who isn't as exposed to him as the American crowd, then you push the fuck out of him appearing. He's surely going to be one of your focal points of selling tickets, and apart from the tweet posted above I haven't seen anything suggesting he's going to be there either. 

It's video packages like Strong's that make me wonder why they bother with live shows. They are so good at hype vids, it's unreal. In two weeks we've actually spent half an hour with a character, and in that time I've gone from mehing so hard I nearly lost a dimension to fancying the guy to have a crack at the belt. Sure, it's not a stellar leap, and Strong's not suddenly my hero that needs to be main-eventing worldwide, but it's worked.

On the flipside, that video and the battle royal showed the real dearth of decent homegrown babyfaces. Aaliyah's already been mentioned, but Liv Morgan's not much better despite being there ages. There's nothing about her that makes me want to cheer her over Peyton, Billie, or even Cross. She's even stopped doing her entrance roll and squat bop, which was cute and different, instead doing an Almas-style kneeling air hump and yell. Plus she's done little but lose in awkward matches. Get Dana Berenato (name?) on the monster push run. She came across well in the promo vid and looks legitimately tough.

Heavy Machinery are awesome, but they need to save them vs AoP for a Big Four PPV weekend. That stacked World's Strongest Splash was utterly mental, even if it was against children.

So was Ember supposed to go into the post rather than dart a million miles away? Is she likely to be injured for Takeover now? 

Got a new appreciation for Cross when she was selling the attack and muttering about Asuka under her breath, then stopped to point and laugh at Ember. Brilliant character work. 

• Paid Members

Ember has been pulled from Takeover Chicago. I'm guessing the injury is legit. That was a pretty ridiculous spot, if that's what it was. Looked very cool. Not really worth what could be a serious injury.

Cross has really embraced this character. It's a lot of fun watching her work.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Am I on my own in thinking Nikki Cross' character is a bit shit then? It not quite Harley Quinn "Woah! Look at me, I'm fucking mad me!" from Suicide Squad, but it's not far off either. I'm starting to sour on Sanity as a whole really

She's like a crap Daffney. OK in the ring but her gimmick is turned up to 11 in the shittest way.