NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

11 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Saw the Oā€™Reily announcement yesterday. While Iā€™ve no issue with either he or Trevor Lee (who hasnā€™t even debuted on TV yet)Ā being involved, thereā€™s a small section are kicking up a right fuss about it being ā€œevidenceā€ ofĀ Progress ā€œare in WWEā€™s pocketsā€, seemingly forgetting Kassius Ohno was in it lastĀ year and no-one complained

I think part of the issue this year is that PROGRESS have essentially ignored their homegrown guys in favour of bringing in imports from everywhere, which completely goes against their former USP of "come and see the best of British wrestling!" - and whilst I understand philosophies and ideologies change, as theirs clearly has done, it's clearly rubbed some of the fans the wrong way how guys that have been consistent mainstays within the company have been shafted in favour of guys WWE want showcasing.

Like Accident says, Ohno has got history with the company, so it made some sense for him to take part, and the majority of the guys in the tournament were "PROGRESS guys". You compare that to this year, and it's a completely different story. 6 of the guys in this tournament are WWE guys (and you could argue it only makes sense 2 of them are involved in the case of Banks and Devlin), 9 of them are imports (I'm not counting Starr in this because he's a semi-regular) and 6 of them are making their debuts (Lee, Aerostar, Spencer, KOR, Allin and DAGA). I get that you want to have variety, but you have to be able to find the balance between taking on a "something/someone for everyone" attitude with maintaining your own identity. PROGRESS haven't done that for me in this regard.

I've got tickets for all 3 days, and I'm sure it'll be great, because the guys involved are all talented, but I've got little to no investment in the tournament at the moment, which is disappointing.

I think it would be fun to see Undisputed Era use the post-Mania power vacuum to dominate NXT for a while, hoover up all the belts byĀ the end of the next Takeover, then use that as a natural mechanism for some new faces to rise upĀ against them.

That depends on who and who isn't called up of course.

Edited by Simpo

I want Undisputed Era to invade Raw after Mania and attack Rollins if Rollins is the champ by then and then have Cole win the Universal title and keep the belt to Summerslam or something similar.

17 minutes ago, TRSL said:

I want Undisputed Era to invade Raw after Mania and attack Rollins if Rollins is the champ by then and then have Cole win the Universal title and keep the belt to Summerslam or something similar.

Adam Cole has not even proven that he can carry NXT on his shoulders let alone Raw.Ā 

if they were doing that he'd be better dethroning Kofi for mega heat and then you have an Undisputed Era program with New Day to run until Summerslam. Not the right time though for me, with Ciampa out and Gargano likely moving up there's a void at the top of NXT if you take Cole et al away as well

• Paid Members

Well up for this. I donā€™t have the stamina to stay up late to watch Wrestlemania now but a Friday night NXT sprint will do me just fine.Ā All the matches look the part but Iā€™m most intrigued by Dunne/Walter to see how that result might change the course of NXTUK, if at all depending on the result.Ā 

The beauty of the NXT PPVs is that although we all have our favourites, thereā€™s no ā€˜wrongā€™ results here as such. Iā€™m not necessarily bothered which way an actual decision goes because either way, chances are youā€™re going to see an absolute belter regardless.Ā Ā 

• Paid Members

I feel like Dunne could lose the UK Title and then debut on the main roster on Monday or Tuesday. If previous years are anything to go by, Raw and Smackdown will be filled with Brits who'll likely give him a great reaction. Seems the perfect time to pull the trigger.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I feel like Dunne could lose the UK Title and then debut on the main roster on Monday or Tuesday. If previous years are anything to go by, Raw and Smackdown will be filled with Brits who'll likely give him a great reaction. Seems the perfect time to pull the trigger.

Works for me. No reason he canā€™t go back to the next set of NXTUK TV tapings and say a heartfelt goodbye. If this is the start of Walterā€™s reign of terror then thatā€™s fine with me.Ā 

NXT TV is getting a new theme song, as the current one is being replaced by Slipknotā€™s ā€˜All Out Lifeā€™, which is a new one of theirs that they put at the end of last year,Ā so everyone who hates metal needs to mute the start of the show each week

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

NXT TV is getting a new theme song, as the current one is being replaced by Slipknotā€™s ā€˜All Out Lifeā€™, which is a new one of theirs that they put at the end of last year,Ā so everyone who hates metal needs to mute the start of the show each week

Slipknot? I haven't really heard Slipknot since I blasted Wait and Bleed in the school library during a prospective parents meeting on our last day of sixth form. That was 18 years ago, so that says it all. Fucking Slipknot in 2019.

7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Slipknot? I haven't really heard Slipknot since I blasted Wait and Bleed in the school library during a prospective parents meeting on our last day of sixth form. That was 18 years ago, so that says it all. Fucking Slipknot in 2019.

Get fucked. One of the best bands in the world. I would downvote that a million times if I could.Ā