NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Works for me. No reason he can’t go back to the next set of NXTUK TV tapings and say a heartfelt goodbye. If this is the start of Walter’s reign of terror then that’s fine with me. 

Pity the next set of UK tapings are happening tomorrow at Axxess, next home tapings aren't until the Glasgow ones over the Easter weekend so any Dunne farewell should he move up will be met with deathly silence if the Rumble tapings were anything to go by

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Slipknot? I haven't really heard Slipknot since I blasted Wait and Bleed in the school library during a prospective parents meeting on our last day of sixth form. That was 18 years ago, so that says it all. Fucking Slipknot in 2019.

To be fair, they've been massively successful since then with huge selling critically acclaimed albums and consistently headlining massive gigs and festivals. It's not like they're Drowning Pool or something.

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Get fucked. One of the best bands in the world. I would downvote that a million times if I could. 

not funny smh GIF

Carbomb levels of shite taste there.

• Moderators

That's Ted Chippington, one of the finest comedians of the past 30 years doing a fantastic parody of a terrible Russ Abbot song. I stand by it

You like Slipknot and are over 15. Unacceptable

Well fucking hell that was superb. I can't remember the last time a PPV delivered so consistently with every single match. Probably another TakeOver.

Opener was match of the night. War Raiders really are something else aren't they? Just such fun to watch them.

I am still not convinced by Matt Riddle, for me it just doesn't click, but having said that, this was the best I've seen him and Dream is always top notch.

I can't remember if this is the first time I've actually seen Walter wrestle, and he did not disappoint. Such a unique look and presence. He looks like the sort of lad who would always visit his Nan on Sundays. Again, great stuff.

Shayna Baszler is incredible.

The main event. I actually thought most of the first two falls were really, really jarring. It didn't seem that they had much chemistry, and it all looked a bit awkward, especially the 'miss knee or kick-roll through-do same to opponent'. Too many instances of not being in place or just seeming a bit off.

But the last 10 minutes? Fucking hell. Pure modern WWE style, but absolutely enthralling.

Would love Wrestlemania to be 3 hours long in that venue in front of that crowd.

Mauro is still the absolute worst.

Loved the show. I like Mauro, maybe it sounds off to some people because the two sitting next to him sound so dull. And I lost count of the amount of times Nigel tripped over his words. But it always sounds like Mauro's fucking enjoying it and it can help rub off onto others. I agree about the last 10 minutes of the main event, which included the best, most convincing near-fall I can ever remember. "That's it, that's definitely it," I said aloud and I was 101% sure of it. They had me certain on the winner, but yet it continued. Fantastic!

Matt Riddle is growing on me, but still more to do. That was the first War Raiders match I've actually paid attention to, and I loved it. Same with Walter, I don't watch NXT UK but the bout was very entertaining.

Edited by Mr.Showtime