NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I’m another who only watches NXT now but keep an eye on headlines/results on the main shows. Used to pay a lot more attention back in the day so had heard of Roode/Roderick and a few others but not a clue who Lee, Cole, Fish, O’Reilly, Divokovic, Gargano, Ciampa, Ricochet, Black etc were. 

Also what is the Ibushi/Ospreay camera angle thing referred to a few pages back?

21 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

The more I see of the Dream, the more I'm going to dread his main roster call-up, where he'll be forever restricted and will be on The Fashion Files within two months. His promo with the Undisputed Era this week was so bloody effortless. He's WWE's answer to the gaping hole that The Rock left and we're all going to be rightly devastated when he's trading wins with the lower ranks and doing awful comedy sketches.

I’m the same! And someone posted on here about him entering and winning the rumble and had my heart started to yearn for it! 

however, from what I hear anecdotally, WWE have big plans for dream.

Plans needing to change for Takeover: New York and afterwards (spoilers due to effecting things yet to be broadcast)

Apparently Tomasso Ciampa is having to have neck surgery (within the next couple of days) and is going to be out for a very long time. He had been scheduled to have the surgery after Wrestlemania weekend, but he seems to be in a pretty bad way so they’ve brought it forward. 

Obviously this means that the NXT Title is going to be vacated and possibly changes the plans for the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. They’ve got another set of tapings to do before Takeover: New York, so things will become cleaer then. You can get around the DRTTC stuff by having an already eliminated team win some sort of ‘second chance’ match to get back in and go from there, but the NXT Title is a little more convoluted, unless you just have Regal name 3 or 4 competitors and do some sort of Elimination match to crown the new champion at Takeover.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

The DRTTC won’t be much of an issue as DIY lost in the semis to Black and Ricochet with Gargano getting one over Ciampa post match. If they are going to keep Blacochet as a team on the Main Roster then I doubt they will switch them out of the Dusty finals. A possible option could be have Cole go against Gargano for the vacant title or have a rematch with the Dream

• Paid Members

Well that may be my favourite episode of NXT ever. Four excellent tag matches and a great showdown between Matt Riddle and Velveteen Dream, with some entertaining bits and bobs in between. NXT doesn't need to go to two hours, but the extra fifteen minutes didn't hurt.

I didn’t even realise that the show had gone an extra 15 minutes. That Black/Ricochet v Aichner/Bartell match was fantastic, and the Forgotten Sons has their best outing to date. They still stink of 2006-era Smackdown, but this was definitely an improvement.

Did anyone else notice The Street Profits randomly tagging in Moustache Mountains corner? That was odd

I’m still on the fence when it comes to Matt Riddle, but I’m going to give it more time. What isn’t in doubt is how fucking amazing Velveteen Dream was. Snapping the fingers for the spotlight, bravo!

And ‘that Everton guy’ doesnt seem to have made it to these tapings, so I’m enjoying that while it lasts

4 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I spotted that too. Is that allowed? Can’t think of a time I’ve seen it happen before.

Think they just messed up. That corner is usually the ‘Face Team’ corner as you look it on the hard camera angle, and the heels have the corner on the right side of the screen. Street Profits will have had that corner for all TV matches they’ve done so you just get used to it, and this being a match with 2 face teams someone had to go the other side for once, but they made a boo-boo and rather than draw attention to it and disrupted the flow of that closing sequence, they just moved on and ignored it.

• Paid Members

Watching this week's episode of NXT, on the back of watching the previous two weeks there this morning, it really hit me again how Mauro Ranallo is the most annoying commentator in WWE by leaps and bounds. 

Dream and Gargano had a really good match a couple of weeks ago for the belt, and this week's opener with Black&Ricochet Vs The European Union was a hot opener. I might have to watch the rest of the show on mute though if Ranallo insists on screaming at me for the next hour. 

Personally I enjoy his enthusiasm, and feel that his knowledge works well with the other guys. I can see why some people do find him annoying but I'd take him over the robotic Cole any day, although I appreciate his work ethic and what he brings to the table.