Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

tommy end having a 6 minute match when he was just in NXT to compensate for wwe using a lot of progress roster they were using for the ukct is one thing, letting a main roster guy be in a main event match on a Fite PPV against ITV/TNA roster is a big jump for me. 

• Paid Members

Yeah but it's Noam Dar. No WWE fan who wasn't a fan of him on the UK scene is going to be buying a PPV because Noam Dar is appearing on it. I'd hazard a guess most who knew him on the UK scene aren't going to buy a PPV to see him. It's not exactly a massive coup is it. Alicia Fox's valet.

• Paid Members

It does further hint towards an interesting change of model, perhaps - having some guys who are associated with WWE but made available elsewhere, on WWE's terms obviously.

Could be a more affordable way for WWE to expand the pool of talent used on things like 205 Live, the UK thing & NXT. Utilise them when you need them, rent them out when you don't.

• Paid Members

@Louch Hmmm now you mention it, being involved in a match with three ITV guys is surprising. I wonder if this is a sign that WWE no longer believes this WoS venture to be a threat, given the uncertainty surrounding it all. Regardless, you'd imagine Sha and Dar are going over. WWE would probably want their guy looking strong whilst ITV couldn't care less.

Edited by PunkStep

Based on literally zero evidence, I'd say that it won't happen now. Vince is notorious for changing his mind and apparently he's already gone back and forth on this, so I reckon it's back off the table for the foreseeable future. Which is a real shame, as I'd gladly watch both as part of the £9.99 I pay per month.

2 hours ago, sj5522 said:

I thought Progress getting rid of licensed music was a sign it was going to happen 

Same, but Jim has spoken in the past about the cost per user of what they were doing, and how it wouldn't be sustainable if they grew their audience much more. It might just be that with the association & their forays into America that their audience has grown past what is affordable in terms of the PRS licence. 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Yeah but it's Noam Dar. No WWE fan who wasn't a fan of him on the UK scene is going to be buying a PPV because Noam Dar is appearing on it. I'd hazard a guess most who knew him on the UK scene aren't going to buy a PPV to see him. It's not exactly a massive coup is it. Alicia Fox's valet.

never saw anything of Dar before the WWE, but he's literally one of the worst things ive ever seen in the big show. Proper shark jumping stuff for me, the skits are some that make me realise that the WWE's material is aimed at 8 year olds. 

I saw "Sakuraba defeats Gracie" on that link and thought they'd restarted that old fued, sadly it was only an old news article from 2000. Although, didn't they do that once already in '07 and Royce was up to his gills in PED's?