Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I said that an actor/actress appearing in a film isn't the sole reason a movie will do well at the box office. Pretty valid thing to say I think.

Bar for the odd exception I think the star(s) are the driver for box office success. 99 times out of 100 the main star(s) are the main factor for people attending, as that's what the marketing is centred on etc.

I said it's an aspect, not the sole reason that a film will do well. You need the marquee names to get people interested, but it's the overall picture that will bring people in. Avatar is one of the biggest films of all time and the lead was (and to me is) relatively unknown.

I said it's an aspect, not the sole reason that a film will do well. You need the marquee names to get people interested, but it's the overall picture that will bring people in. Avatar is one of the biggest films of all time and the lead was (and to me is) relatively unknown.

Avatar sold on it being super snazzy 3D. Wrestling doesn't really have that luxury.

Exceptions and rules and jingle bells and all that.

• Awards Moderator
Avatar sold on it being super snazzy 3D. Wrestling doesn't really have that luxury.

I'm not contributing to either side here, but whilst at Silver Vision a company was trying to court us on their 3D conversion service. They sent a clip of Hogan v Andre in 3D. Looked alright, but nothing I'd pay extra for.

I'm sure HHH is thinking about it though for regular broadcasts. LOOK AT THE STRIATIONS~!

• Paid Members

PWInsider have also said AJ had been in talks to return to TNA for a while and they've AGAIN fallen through and he isn't expected back anytime soon. The fact he's working dates for Ring of Honor and he's going to be on Observer radio this week might probably say that door is closed for a while now. They dont want people going on those shows. ROH is the right fit for him right now I'd say. I'll check that out.

What the funny thing is, he's technically still TNA champion. ROH should play that shit up.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators
PWInsider have also said AJ had been in talks to return to TNA for a while and they've AGAIN fallen through and he isn't expected back anytime soon. The fact he's working dates for Ring of Honor and he's going to be on Observer radio this week might probably say that door is closed for a while now. They dont want people going on those shows. ROH is the right fit for him right now I'd say. I'll check that out.

What thing funny is, he's technically still TNA champion. ROH should play that shit up.

indeed. If I'm ROH he's jobbing to my champion.

• Paid Members

EEK! TNA spoilaz!!!

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

They've filmed AJ losing to Magnus, which should air in about 2 weeks. They should have Adam Cole beat him, have him do a stretcher job. So when Magnus beats him on TV, ROH could they play it off as if Magnus only beat AJ because Cole had injured him on an ROH show (as it puts Cole over and AJ keeps his heat). Then you could build Cole and AJ for a match where Styles is like "if I wanted the TNA belt, I'd have stayed there. The ROH belt is the one I want" etc. Since all of AJ's stuff is in the can for TNA, Ring of Honor really could play around with it.

Interestingly, there's talk of Jarrett starting up a new company. I wonder if AJ not re-signing (again) has had anything to do with Jeff handing his notice in. They are long time pals.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
They've filmed AJ losing to Magnus, which should air in about 2 weeks. They should have Adam Cole beat him, have him do a stretcher job. So when Magnus beats him on TV, ROH could they play it off as if Magnus only beat AJ because Cole had injured him on an ROH show (as it puts Cole over and AJ keeps his heat). Then you could build Cole and AJ for a match where Styles is like "if I wanted the TNA belt, I'd have stayed there. The ROH belt is the one I want" etc. Since all of AJ's stuff is in the can for TNA, Ring of Honor really could play around with it.

I'd love it if they did that. I don't watch any ROH, and wouldn't even if they did as you say, but TNA are so fucking hopeless and infuriating that I want to see someone make them pay for their mistakes.