Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

This is why Punk can never be the top guy past, present or future. I know wrestlers will always have legit gripes and conflicts with a promotion, but it has always been his thing to bash the company. Does WWE or any company want their main star to be somebody who always knocks the company? With Punk you have always gotten the impression that if everything was equal he would still be on the Indy scene instead of WWE. He still wants to be that Indy rebel. I don't think he would ever be happy with WWE unless it was like ROH or IWA Mid South. To be the guy in WWEyou have to come off like you love the company and are proud to be leading the way. With Cena you get that feel, same with Hogan in the eighties and Austin in the Attitude era even though his character was anti-authority. It is also the same with any past or present non-WWE promotion like say with Ric Flair and the NWA. These are some of the reasons why I think Punk can never truly be the guy.

It appears that Mae Young isn't very well, and may be about to cash out. She was hospitalised over Christmas, and has been put under hospice care.

I hope she pulls through, if that's even possible, but if not she deserves the full works on the following episode of Raw. A proper game old bird who even in her dotage was willing to give her body to the show. We could argue all day about the merits of doing so, but fair play to her for that sort of courage at that age.

I don't know if "hospice" means the same state-side as it does here, but when folk here go into a hospice they sadly don't tend to get out again.

It appears that Mae Young isn't very well, and may be about to cash out. She was hospitalised over Christmas, and has been put under hospice care.

I hope she pulls through, if that's even possible, but if not she deserves the full works on the following episode of Raw. A proper game old bird who even in her dotage was willing to give her body to the show. We could argue all day about the merits of doing so, but fair play to her for that sort of courage at that age.

I don't know if "hospice" means the same state-side as it does here, but when folk here go into a hospice they sadly don't tend to get out again.

It would be incredibly sad. I still hold out hope at seeing her live to her promised 100th birthday match against HHH jr.

This is why Punk can never be the top guy past, present or future. I know wrestlers will always have legit gripes and conflicts with a promotion, but it has always been his thing to bash the company. Does WWE or any company want their main star to be somebody who always knocks the company? With Punk you have always gotten the impression that if everything was equal he would still be on the Indy scene instead of WWE. He still wants to be that Indy rebel. I don't think he would ever be happy with WWE unless it was like ROH or IWA Mid South. To be the guy in WWEyou have to come off like you love the company and are proud to be leading the way. With Cena you get that feel, same with Hogan in the eighties and Austin in the Attitude era even though his character was anti-authority. It is also the same with any past or present non-WWE promotion like say with Ric Flair and the NWA. These are some of the reasons why I think Punk can never truly be the guy.

The same Austin who fucked off twice? Fair enough that was a year after his prime but he still left them high and dry (admittedly with good reason the second time), wouldn't say that's much proof of loving the company though

• Paid Members

The same Austin who fucked off twice? Fair enough that was a year after his prime but he still left them high and dry (admittedly with good reason the second time), wouldn't say that's much proof of loving the company though

Yeah, I would've said The Rock was closer in the regard that Kyle's referring to.

• Moderators

Looks like TNA for them then. To be honest I had a feeling they weren't getting signed after doing a decisive job on TV. If they were staying I thought they would have gone over or it'd have been dark.

I know Austin "took his ball and went home" in 2002, when was the other time?

The famous one was where he left before King of The Ring in June 2002 and returned in February 2003, but he had also walked out a few months earlier. It was either the night after WM18 or the week after and missed one or two weeks of TV before JR sweet-talked him back.

I'm sure there was also talk of him walking out after being asked to lose to Jonathan Coachman as part of his angle with Bischoff. Wikipedia says he injured his back and that's what caused him to pull out, but there was definite talk at the time that Austin told the creative team where to go when the idea was suggested to him. Considering it would have technically been his return match he'd have had a point if that was the case.

• Paid Members
It was a poor showing from Davey and Edwards in my opinion. Plus Davey did a hideous botch.

Yeah, the landing on his head like a pillock did him no favours in that match. Oh well, he can remain king of the indies or something.