Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Here's the latest on it. This is getting passed around the WWE locker room currently. AJ's upset about it. They did the same with Mickie James when she got ribbed to the point of tears. I think Batista printed those pictures of her from google and put them up in the dressing room.

sZEECl8.jpg

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I tell you what, i'm not sure I can think of another industry with such a high ratio of all out head the balls. Maybe football in some cases, but you always tend to get lone bellends rather than an entire hierarchy of mad, paranoid rotters. Even those grim factories that have people just shoving meat into boxes sound like more pleasant places to work.

I tell you what, i'm not sure I can think of another industry with such a high ratio of all out head the balls.

Most creative industries are similar. Almost anyone writing, drawing, acting, singing, taking photos, making videos etc is an attention-craving lunatic to some extent. Throw in the physical toll of wrestling onto someone who is already mental, and you get... Well, a wrestler.

• Paid Members
I tell you what, i'm not sure I can think of another industry with such a high ratio of all out head the balls.

Most creative industries are similar. Almost anyone writing, drawing, acting, singing, taking photos, making videos etc is an attention-craving lunatic to some extent. Throw in the physical toll of wrestling onto someone who is already mental, and you get... Well, a wrestler.

Exactly. I was discussing with a pal in the pub about how many nut jobs and low lifes have been involved with the film industry and for the most part are still revered and get work, despite numerous scandals and behavior that is reprehensible and/or borderline retarded. From Mel Gibson to Marlon Brando to the Baldwins to Woody Allen to Howard Hughes to Robert Blake... it's a long list of absolute bomb scares.

The music industry is the same, really. I'd say Hulk Hogan turned out better than Michael Jackson, probably has a bigger cock too.

• Moderators

Exactly. I was discussing with a pal in the pub about how many nut jobs and low lifes have been involved with the film industry and for the most part are still revered and get work, despite numerous scandals and behavior that is reprehensible and/or borderline retarded. From Mel Gibson to Marlon Brando to the Baldwins to Woody Allen to Howard Hughes to Robert Blake... it's a long list of absolute bomb scares.

Kinda. Most big-time nutters don't get work so easy once they go off the deep end. Hollywood's all about redemption. Be a fuck up, sure, but until you do a Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler so people can clap at the underdog's return, you're done. Films are super hard to get off the ground as it is, and if you're being a dick behind the scenes and making that process even harder, well, look at Wesley Snipes. Mel Gibson's comeback was supposed to be The Beaver, but that didn't make money, so he's still virtually unemployable, and the kind of work Brando was getting at the end, reading all his lines off of people's backs and pissing about, was the film star equivalent of working in front of 50 people in a gym and flogging shirts in the intermission.

But yeah. 'Still working' aspect aside -- full of crazies.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Wrestling's based around two principles: 1) You and your opponent aren't really fighting, you're working together. 2) You and your opponent are really competing for the top spot. It's a business where you're expected to sign autographs with your stage name. It's a business where winning and losing is all fixed, but in the long run the winners wind up making more money and the losers simply get praised for being professional. It's really not so surprising if people involved in it wind up going mental.