Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

It's not like they've not given the bloke chances. I remember the Raw following that Kofi match, they gave him new entrance gear, stopped him yodelling and had him win a squash match. Sadly, post-match he delivered one of the least convincing "I'm dead good, boo me!" promos I've ever heard. I imagine Vince sitting backstage and deciding the bloke isn't worth the investment after giving him another chance, only to come off as boring and a bit shite.

I enjoy watching Cesaro wrestle, as he has a unique style, but his non-reactions hardly scream of a bloke deserving of a push.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

I remember months ago people saying how great he was and feeling like a lone voice in saying he was boring. But to be fair, I always gave him credit for his in ring stuff, it was just his character I found bland. But how much of that is his fault and how much of it is the WWE's in thinking it would be great television to have a bloke go out week after week and say a phrase in three different languages and wave a flag. Likewise who was the genius who thought yodelling would make for compelling viewing. It would seem this is another case of the wrestlers these days being shit scared to challenge creative and will happily go along with the shit they are given.

Edited by TheShowOff

I read that Liev Schreiber is rumoured to play Benoit in the movie that will probably never be made.

I've only seen him once, in Ransom, and enjoyed the turn he put in.

The funny thing is if it were to get the green light the movie could get Benoit's lower and mid card congemporaries to star as themselves.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/10-best-wwe-velocity-matches

Top 10 Hidden Classic from Velocity. Pretty decent list.

10 - Matt Hardy Vs Paul London

9 - John Cena Vs Daniel Bryan

8 - WGTT Vs Ultimo Dragon & Funaki

7 - Chavo Vs Ultimo Dragon

6 - Spanky & Paul London Vs FBI

5 - Paul London Vs Akio

4 - Mysterio Vs Kidman Vs Nunzio Vs Akio

3 - Daniel Bryan Vs Jamie Noble

2 - Kidman Vs Akio

1 - Mysterio Vs Jamie Noble

Some right gems in there.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/10-best-wwe-velocity-matchesTop 10 Hidden Classic from Velocity. Pretty decent list. 10 - Matt Hardy Vs Paul London9 - John Cena Vs Daniel Bryan8 - WGTT Vs Ultimo Dragon & Funaki7 - Chavo Vs Ultimo Dragon6 - Spanky & Paul London Vs FBI5 - Paul London Vs Akio4 - Mysterio Vs Kidman Vs Nunzio Vs Akio3 - Daniel Bryan Vs Jamie Noble2 - Kidman Vs Akio1 - Mysterio Vs Jamie NobleSome right gems in there.

Shame Regal v Benoit can't get a mention there, it was one of the best matches of the year back then. Great list though, little disappointed they've not put full matches up .

The Cruiserweight Championship's not been defended in 6 years :crazy: Surely someone can step up and beat Hornswoggle for it?

The Cruiserweight Championship's not been defended in 6 years :crazy: Surely someone can step up and beat Hornswoggle for it?

As exciting a prospect of having smaller guys wrestling exciting high-paced matches is, when you have sub 230 pound guys like Rey Mysterio, Daniel Bryan, CM PUnk, The Miz and Dolph Ziggler in the recent title history of your heavyweight titles, it's a bit redundant to have a lighter weight division.

• Paid Members

Things were so different 10 years ago. You had the likes of Cena, Rock, Lesnar, Big Show, Orton, Jericho, Undertaker, Henry, Christian, Mysterio, Triple H, Regal, Booker T, Foley, Heyman, Stephanie & Vince McMahon and Teddy Long all knocking about, with Lawler and Cole doing commentary. Great times.