Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Anyone else think Stevie Richards' buffoonery in ECW was an influence on Edge and Christian's characters?

I haven't seen as much ECW as I have WWE/WWF but the similarities never caught me... E and C were more "We're cocky shits" whereas Richards was either a toadie to Raven or doing parody gimmicks...

Dancin' Stevie Richards did the cocky goofball thing before the parodies. I'm thinking of him singing We Are The Champions, playing soldiers with the Meanie and things like that. I always though of Richards when E&C were at their comedic peak.

Just found out it's 7 years ago today that John Tenta died. I didn't realise it's been that long. I has the pleasure of meeting John at one of the Scott Conway shows back in the day. Really nice guy and very much respected by his peers. Anyone have any stories of the former Earthquake?

• Paid Members

Just found out it's 7 years ago today that John Tenta died. I didn't realise it's been that long. I has the pleasure of meeting John at one of the Scott Conway shows back in the day. Really nice guy and very much respected by his peers. Anyone have any stories of the former Earthquake?

I'm pretty sure that he posted on here a few times before he died, he seemed a nice man.

• Paid Members

I 'think' I remember hearing an online interview with him and post interview discussion board asking questions a few months before he passed. He was planning another handful of UK shows and said he was also off to Japan. He did say that he had been very ill but was well on the road to recovery.After the interview he chatted with people on a discussion page. Really nice fella. He was aksed what he liked about the UK, and I'm positive he said he really liked pasties and had a lot of praise for the world of sport era.I'm sure this happened. Slightly doubting myself

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

I 'think' I remember hearing an online interview with him and post interview discussion board asking questions a few months before he passed. He was planning another handful of UK shows and said he was also off to Japan. He did say that he had been very ill but was well on the road to recovery.After the interview he chatted with people on a discussion page. Really nice fella. He was aksed what he liked about the UK, and I'm positive he said he really liked pasties and had a lot of praise for the world of sport era.I'm sure this happened. Slightly doubting myself

May have been o n Wrestlecrap