Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

His gimmick was carrying a boombox, even in 1990, which is hip and happening Verne Gagne for you.

He was also the subject of an exchange during a Wrestling Challenge squash:

Monsoon: "I don't like Buck's chances."

Heenan: "I don't like Buck."

Judging by this:

Antonio Cesaro is now a German rather than from Switzerland unless WWE don't know which flag belongs to which.

could be "currently residing in Berlin, Germany" to cover it up, kind of like how they used to change about with Jericho's intro. Or "making his summer residence in..." like Ted Dibiase. Or a quick slap on someones head and a "you pilock" then quick re-edit and no-one will be any the wiser

Nope, Cesaro's still Swiss yet he's using that titontron on this weeks Main Event. He's also lost the weird knee pad things and is in plain blue trunks. He's fucked. According to Meltzer he was in shit cos they decided he is boring. Now he's in the doghouse again cos his match with Kofi the other week was too . . . exciting?

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

Anyone read the Metro today?

There's an article in there about the new Mary Rose museum being opened, as well as several pictures. One of the pictures is a reconstruction of a skeleton found in the wreckage, he looks somewhat familiar...

_67878443_dsc_0267.jpg

@RealKingRegal: I've received lots of tweets saying I was aboard the Mary Rose when it sank... http://t.co/PlfooM0BbR