Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Awards Moderator

Sad to hear that, as I understand it he was a lovely bloke. Can’t say I’ve seen that many matches I loved but have always been fond of him just through his association with the golden era and the odd cameo appearance in video games and gimmick battle royals. RIP.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Nikolai Volkoff has passed away, aged 70.  No doubt he will be advertised for the boardwalk beatdown soon.

Fun fact that oddly I seem to be the only one on earth who knew, Nikolai's brother is Luka Peruzović, a Croatian centre half and manager from the 70s and 80s. Won the UEFA Cup and stuff.

36 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Nikolai Volkoff has passed away, aged 70.  No doubt he will be advertised for the boardwalk beatdown soon.

Sad news I liked him with the iron sheik when when they had there run and he seemed a bit out of place when he was brought back in 94 with the million dollar man

16 minutes ago, Louch said:

Hearing Brian Christoper is in hospital or dead depending on reports, anyone seen anything concrete? 

Very sad he's still only a young man he must be only in his mid 40s 

Regarding Brian Christopher, PWInsider’s current position (and that of a few sites now) is that he’s currently in hospital but is not expected to recover, and as such, family are gathering to say their goodbyes.

And he’s 46.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, how tragic.

Massive shame to hear about Nic, I’m really unfamiliar with his work pre-WWE but he was bloody aweful during the late 80’s - early 90’s boom. Still had a massive soft spot for him. 

The news about Brian (if true by now) is just shit. Too Cool we’re really fun, especially early days with Rikishi, and I was fond of them as Too Much beforehand. Based on the stories we’ve heard about him he sounded like an utter turd in fairness, still it’s horrible that someone gets to the point of suicide, just aweful.

Anyone know why he was in jail?

9 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Fucking hell, how tragic.

Massive shame to hear about Nic, I’m really unfamiliar with his work pre-WWE but he was bloody aweful during the late 80’s - early 90’s boom. Still had a massive soft spot for him. 

The news about Brian (if true by now) is just shit. Too Cool we’re really fun, especially early days with Rikishi, and I was fond of them as Too Much beforehand. Based on the stories we’ve heard about him he sounded like an utter turd in fairness, still it’s horrible that someone gets to the point of suicide, just aweful.

Anyone know why he was in jail?

DUI and resisting arrest

Sad sad day for the wrestling industry, Nikolai was great as a heel and lovable as a face, always loved that comeback he made in the early to mid 90s wearing a tuxedo design leotard 

Gutted at Lawler’s passing too, the guy has had some major demons that finally caught him up, thoughts are with the King at this time

Can’t say I was too familiar with Brickhouse but it’s sad news non the less, cancer is a bitch in the worst possible way

• Paid Members

Meltzer has confirmed Brian Lawler has passed.

I'm not going to sit and pretend he did anything other than his 2000-2001 Too Cool run but fuck me what a run. 17 years ago now but I have fonder memories of Too Cool than a lot of teams that came after the 2002 Ruthless Aggression Era.