Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

He was never destined for anything on the main roster let's be honest. He was barely making up numbers in NXT until the crowd liked chanting '10' a lot with him. Fair play to him, he found a way to get over and arguably overachieved in recent years. His appearance at the Royal Rumble a couple of years ago was a very good moment, fantastic crowd reaction.

He'll probably end up as one of NJPW's top gaijin stars now.

While I’m sure he’s a nice guy and he tried hard, I can’t even remember the last time I saw him so him leaving won’t impact the show one bit.

And while I’m sure the usual “he wasn’t being used right” and “they buried him because the 10 chant got over” are being thrown around on social media, he was only ever going to be a solid hand used to make the real stars look good. Not that there is anything wrong with that guy, like your Heath Slaters and Curt Hawkins guys, but some need to realise that not everyone is brought up to be a main eventer

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Fox Piss said:

Just from seeing Cody tweet congratulating him on Twitter and maybe putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5... It would be worrying if this was the type of ear AEW were whispering into.  

As a main-eventer, sure. As a mid-carder, they could do a lot worse. He's talented, likeable and can get a crowd behind him.

I think the cody stuff has been thrown to one side and it's actually really upset me to read his messages that just scream a really depressed guy who seems to be abit unstable mental health wise. 

Him cheating on his wife is awful for her and him threatening to sue her shows that he's not the nicest person around but it got me thinking reading them messages just how much the superstars deal wirh mental health wise 

• Paid Members

The few times I attended NXT house shows, Tye stood out massively as a guy who's invaluable in that opening match or lower card comedy slot. He had loads of clever, genuinely funny "10" spots that had the crowd howling. He was never going to be a main eventer but Indy promoters and even AEW could do worse than to bring him in to add a bit of fun to their shows.

Edited by Supremo

2 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I think the cody stuff has been thrown to one side and it's actually really upset me to read his messages that just scream a really depressed guy who seems to be abit unstable mental health wise. 

Him cheating on his wife is awful for her and him threatening to sue her shows that he's not the nicest person around but it got me thinking reading them messages just how much the superstars deal wirh mental health wise 

ProWrestlingSheet reported the following day that Corey and his wife have been separated for about 6 months and have been going through divorce proceedings, he told her he was now dating Carmella and that’s when she decided to throw all this information out there.