Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I want to say work, but can't give WWE that much credit. If it is work, sets up the go home show nicely, what with the Cena situation.

But, as Titus showed, Vince can be a thin-skinned isolationist. If Sami didn't get approval for the script, more that possible Vince took offence

19 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Perhaps they both got a try out and WWE's trying to downplay the existence of a twin brother so that it surprises more people if/when they do anĀ angle on TV.

I get the logic in that and it makes sense but in reality the % of people who watch WWE and also know who had a briefĀ Tryout on a UK tour is surely so small that it wouldn't make a difference if they kept it on the low.

Plus this is coming from a comany who are changing matches just 11 days out from a PPV do you really think they are planning angles that won't play out until the next 1-2 years at best.

Ā 

Latest word (akaĀ take with a grain of salt until it comes out)Ā is that they were supposedĀ to bump and feed for the New Day at some point in the segment and opted not to after debating it earlier in the day. One of those where they werent chuffed to be putting everybody else over to build them up for SS when they should be the hottest heels on the show right now.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

17 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Latest word (akaĀ take with a grain of salt until it comes out)Ā is that they were supposedĀ to bump and feed for the New Day at some point in the segment and opted not to after debating it earlier in the day. One of those where they werent chuffed to be putting everybody else over to build them up for SS when they should be the hottest heels on the show right now.

Thinking about itĀ I was at the show and not sure how it came across on TV but after the match finished, Owens ran into the ring and kicked Kofi and then Owens & Zayn got out of the ring quickly before Big E & Xavier could get back into the ring, I know thats a typical heel thing, but it did seem kind of unscripted in the sense that by the time Big E & Xavier got back into the ring they kind of looked lost and not sure what to do when they were in there. Maybe they were meant to have exchanged blows?Ā 

Over on Facebook a bloke calledĀ John Paul Pastrana Apostol had this to say about Sami and Kevin:

"Hope this two are the next to be released by the WWE.. They have skills but They're boring and no Charisma.. Replace them with Batista and CM Punk.. or Bring back Cryme Tyme or Bring back to Life Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit"

Ā 

Also seeing people say they haveĀ been difficult to work with lately, having both been friendsĀ with Neville and Jimmy Jacobs. When you consider the Jacobs sacking, it does make the "fired" line seem worse. Surely though,Ā most fans would have totally missed that without it being pointed outĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members

It'd be nice these days to see some guys with backbone who don't just do all the shite presented to them. Doing it on TV in this environment is suicide though. Vince has achieved his halcyon. No one is indispensable. No one has the power to deviate from the script or touch his arm.

• Paid Members

I completely agree Rick, have some nerveĀ and call something bollocks if it is.

However... The other thing is (complete end of spectrum) I donā€™t think the threat of leaving WWE is as bad as Vince thinks it is.Ā 

Nev will be headlining any company that bring him in for the next decade. Heā€™ll make more money and all thanks to the WWE exposure. He will have full control over his character and fully enjoy himself.Ā 

Bare in mind this group of lads (NXT/205/UK etc) are quite different from previous crops. Some of theseĀ were already kings onĀ the Indy scene before WWE, they will be Godā€™s should they return to it. Iā€™m not suggesting they are going anywhere for one minute, but I highly doubt they are shitting it. They will have known the potentialĀ repercussions before going in to business for themselves. Worth a punt. On a different day Vince could have said ā€œI like the size of your grape fruitsā€... rather than ā€œget ya self homeā€.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I completely agree Rick, have some nerveĀ and call something bollocks if it is.

However... The other thing is (complete end of spectrum) I donā€™t think the threat of leaving WWE is as bad as Vince thinks it is.Ā 

Nev will be headlining any company that bring him in for the next decade. Heā€™ll make more money and all thanks to the WWE exposure. He will have full control over his character and fully enjoy himself.Ā 

Bare in mind this group of lads (NXT/205/UK etc) are quite different from previous crops. Some of theseĀ were already kings onĀ the Indy scene before WWE, they will be Godā€™s should they return to it. Iā€™m not suggesting they are going anywhere for one minute, but I highly doubt they are shitting it. They will have known the potentialĀ repercussions before going in to business for themselves. Worth a punt. On a different day Vince could have said ā€œI like the size of your grape fruitsā€... rather than ā€œget ya self homeā€.

Absolutely. And you know what, if these rumours are true, good on them. Fuck WWE when it comes to this, they wouldn't scrape you off of their boot unless there was a PR incentive. Let's not pretend that WWE are this wonderful, compassionate family company that has the best interests of their 'employees' at heart, because they bloody well aren't. It's good that wrestlers are able to make a good (and in some cases better) living on the indies these days, without the fear of losing that WWE security.

• Paid Members

I imagine he's under a long term contract, so he'll have to wait that out, or come to terms on his release. WWE are not going to be in any rush to release an asset like Neville and have him swan off to other companies, so I imagine they're hoping cooler heads will prevail if they give him some space.

There's certainly an interesting storm brewing within WWE. Between Bryan, Owens, Zayn, Neville and probably a few more there unhappy, there could be some decent talent to be acquired in the near future, if only there was a viable alternative. Maybe Ring of HonorĀ or NJPW could look to further expand? I'm discounting TNA/GFW/IMPACT/Anthem, because they seem to be far too far behind to ever become a decent second option. Obviously no-one is going to rival or overtake WWE in the near future, if ever. But we could be looking at a very interesting year in 2018 for the wrestling landscape if some of these guys go off and leave WWE behind.Ā