New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I'd hazard a guess the white top red shorts version. Fucking billions of them back then. (JAKKS BCA -Wrestlemania XV)

I remember going into more than one Toys R Us and another big toy shop chain whose name escapes me (began with B I think...was one in the Metro Centre) and just seeing an ocean of those red shorts white vest Dr Death figures.  Quite possibly could be the most unsold wrestling figure in UK retail history.  Absolutely delighted to hear there is still one knocking about in Sunderland. 

Edited by bbabba

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, bbabba said:

.  Quite possibly could be the most unsold wrestling figure in UK retail history.  Absolutely delighted to hear there is still one knocking about in Sunderland. 

I didn't know, I'm fairly sure woolworths were sunk because of the huge amount of capital tied up in unsold Gyminin figures. 

On 10/3/2017 at 5:19 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Speaking of shit nobody wants, there's a shop in Sunderland that still had Dr Death in it. He's been there since 1999. Nobody wants him. Nobody will ever want him. What does it say about Dr Death, that even during a boom period where wrestling fans would have bought anything, poor Steve Wiliams is still sitting there 2 decades later.

Pick one up for us?!

• Awards Moderator
On 03/10/2017 at 10:35 PM, bbabba said:

I remember going into more than one Toys R Us and another big toy shop chain whose name escapes me (began with B I think...was one in the Metro Centre) and just seeing an ocean of those red shorts white vest Dr Death figures.  Quite possibly could be the most unsold wrestling figure in UK retail history.  Absolutely delighted to hear there is still one knocking about in Sunderland. 

Beatties? Great shop, we always used to go there on Metrocentre trips.

These new Hasbro style figures are great, and very tempting. If it wasn't for the fact that I know I'd buy them only to stick them in a cupboard never to be seen again, I'd get several.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, boyfriend said:

Anybody in any doubt go buy the Hasbros - they're sick.

Speaking of which has anyone ordered Roman and KO? If so where's the best/cheapest place? Thanks!

I ordered a Roman one off of Ebay. There weren't too many available. Ended up paying around £20 for it.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Cat crater said:

And this pathetic, infantile thread rumbles on...

if you have no interest, why comment? or is it to just to increase post count?

Back on topic, why were there 2 "Hasbros" missing from the UK? What did we do to deserve it?

6 hours ago, Nick Soapdish said:

if you have no interest, why comment? or is it to just to increase post count?

Back on topic, why were there 2 "Hasbros" missing from the UK? What did we do to deserve it?

It wasn't some anti-UK conspiracy, that's just nonsense from the "we deserve WrestleMania being held in my spare bedroom" crowd.

They just did two case assortments for the series 1 retro line. The first had Reigns and Owens, the second had Taker and Warrior. Both had Cena and Lesnar. The second assortment seems to have had a much bigger production run -  when I was in the US for WrestleMania, the shops in Orlando only had the second lot. And by the time they were shipped over here, it was only the second assortment that they were producing by the looks of it.

They put all six wrestlers in the same cases for series 2. But Reigns and Owens are hard to get hold of anywhere other than EBay now.