New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

How big/small would the market be if WWE started releasing figures like hasbro Jim Neidhart in the Hart Foundation outfit or Haku? People who never got a hasbro back in the day? Is that as niche as you can get?

Collectors of hasbro would love it. But it's niche as you say, in fact this actual hasbro style concept is niche regardless of who is made. Kids who have been the 6" basic and elite figures won't be arsed about them. I can't see this being anything more than an outreach to proper collectors. In terms of random characters for a niche market, keep in mind we got some fucking strange releases in the JAKKS classic line such as Andy Kaufman. The same line pretty much released every single 90's full timer.

I honestly don't see this lasting more than 5 or 6 series unless the hasbro collectors market Fully but I'm to it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Zaheer said:

Are any of these worth holding on to or are we going to get a blitz of these in the bargain bin in a few months..it's a fine line isn't it

It's impossible to tell really. I imagine they will be more collectible than 6" figures mainly because less are produced and they are reasonably cheap. Compared to "collectors edition 1/500" that cost a fortune to begin with so detract from what it could eventually be worth.

For anyone interested (all 2 of us) this is happening. 

https://www.wrestlingshop.com/wrestling-shop-live.html

I believe it's the first time a member of the Mattel design team has done a Q&A in the UK. Might be wrong. Anyway, loads of shite for sale too. Someone mentioned he might be selling some prints of his figure designs.. that would be quite cool if correct.

On 9/25/2017 at 11:42 AM, Bohan said:

8.99 each in Smyths.  Can't beats them for prices, always a heap load of elites reduced down to a fiver.  The Entertainer has always been pricey on wwe figures.

Smyths have got a £10 off for every £50 spent offer on until 2nd October, to save you all a bit more money.

DKwnZs3XcAEY8X9.jpg

Here is the forth series of the retro figures carded.  Also over at ringside collectibles Facebook page there are heaps of new images from the Mattel expo this week, retro figures of Nakamura, New Day, Jericho, Wolf pack Sting and loads more including a new take on the old hasbro ring.

Edited by Bohan

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Mate, they're toys.

No shit?

I only find it jarring because I don't recall the original Hasbros being so gorilla-bodied, but there might be rose tinted specs at work.

• Paid Members
On 25/09/2017 at 12:45 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

How big/small would the market be if WWE started releasing figures like hasbro Jim Neidhart in the Hart Foundation outfit or Haku? People who never got a hasbro back in the day? Is that as niche as you can get?

I think niche is my local Toys R Us having a shit load of Magnum TA figures in stock. I wonder what percentage of wrestling fans know who he is. He's not even someone WWE ever mention.