New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

I was in my local Smyths today for a nose. They had some AJ Styles figures in. Have to consider what one to get. Anyway, they just had Brock Lesnar, Ultimate Warrior and John Cena in. Also went to B&M and that 4 Horsemen boxset looks great. They have loads of Basics for £6.99, so if you're near one. Might be worth a look to see if they've got some in. They had some that were around last year. Blue suit Lana, Undertaker and the First Time Bayley and Kevin Owens were in mine.

Also, I notice Smyths have a tough time selling those Zombie and Alien figures. They're in the bargain bin. They had Paige and Roman Reigns zombies mainly. They've not sold very well. No idea why do another Zombie series. Kevin Owens and Sasha Banks look a laugh with their Bite Owens Bite and Legit DEAD shirts mind.

Not got many figures in recent months due to trying to work out if I have enough space as I moved some figures from my bedroom wall to make way for my Hardy Boys WrestleMania plaque to the cupboard for the time being, but I did get The Vaudevillains Battle Pack from The Entertainer they were doing Battle Packs half price at £11.50. Can't go wrong with that seeing how Basics go for £10. If you're near one, again. Worth checking what they have, though they don't get much new ones in I've noticed.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

For anyone interested I ended up buying some of those new Mattel pretending to be hasbro figures.

Not easy to find in the UK but they have popped up in a few places (both series 1 and 2). However after reading a bit about distribution it seems that it's been a bit weird as to which countries have received certain figures and which ones have been purposely made to be rare.

Either way, I've managed to pick up Cena, Lesnar, Taker, Warrior and Kane. 

Up close they are nice, I have to admit. A really decent attempt at fitting in with the hasbro line. I still question some of the molds, but the ones I've picked up are some of the better molds in my opinion. 

The packaging/cards are incredibly shit. Very basic, very flimsy thin card.

Ive been told that Austin and Rock are in a local smyths so might pick them up.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Thanks for the information. Any idea if we'll get Reigns anytime soon? Is there a reputable source for a Reigns figure of this line in the UK?

Him and Owens seem to be the chasers. £20+ each on eBay a piece which is shit. No one I know have seen them in the wild yet.

I've heard that Seth and Ambrose are in the pipe line for a future set (alongside Bret, HBK, Big Show and Flair) and other rumblings that Mattel aren't sure whether to stick with 6 figs a series (3 classic characters and 3 modern era) or reduce to 4. Personally, I'd prefer 4. All of which is pure rumour at the moment, so we'll see.

33 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Him and Owens seem to be the chasers. £20+ each on eBay a piece which is shit. No one I know have seen them in the wild yet.

I've heard that Seth and Ambrose are in the pipe line for a future set (alongside Bret, HBK, Big Show and Flair) and other rumblings that Mattel aren't sure whether to stick with 6 figs a series (3 classic characters and 3 modern era) or reduce to 4. Personally, I'd prefer 4. All of which is pure rumour at the moment, so we'll see.

Series 3 is already avaliable for pre order over at ringside collectibles.  The series is Goldberg, Seth, Dean and AJ. 

The retro figures are widely avaliable in Smyths stores and various over UK outlets and have been for some time.   You won't find Owens and Roman over here though as unfortunately they are exclusive to the states.   Again they can be ordered from Ringside Collectibles though.  For those who don't know Ringside Collectibles is the official reseller of wwe figures.

Edited by Bohan

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Bohan said:

Series 3 is already avaliable for pre order over at ringside collectibles.  The series is Goldberg, Seth, Dean and AJ. 

The retro figures are widely avaliable in Smyths stores and various over UK outlets and have been for some time.   You won't find Owens and Roman over here though as unfortunately they are exclusive to the states.   Again they can be ordered from Ringside Collectibles though.  For those who don't know Ringside Collectibles is the official reseller of wwe figures.

Good to hear about series 3, ah well, I'm guessing the rumours regarding the others mentioned were only that, how long have they been on RSC for? and 4 figures to a series is a reality then (at least this one) Fair play.

They are indeed available in Smyths, however there is only one in my area and it's constantly rinsed. It's easy enough to order offline obviously but fuck that, half the joy of buying hasbros as a kid was walking in to John Menzies or Woolies, being gutted while looking at a shelf full of IRS only to find a slink had hidden a Sid behind the Polly Pickets.

24 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The Entertainer have both Rock and Stone Cold hasbro-likes, £12 each and in stock.

8.99 each in Smyths.  Can't beats them for prices, always a heap load of elites reduced down to a fiver.  The Entertainer has always been pricey on wwe figures.

3 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Good to hear about series 3, ah well, I'm guessing the rumours regarding the others mentioned were only that, how long have they been on RSC for? and 4 figures to a series is a reality then (at least this one) Fair play.

They are indeed available in Smyths, however there is only one in my area and it's constantly rinsed. It's easy enough to order offline obviously but fuck that, half the joy of buying hasbros as a kid was walking in to John Menzies or Woolies, being gutted while looking at a shelf full of IRS only to find a slink had hidden a Sid behind the Polly Pickets.

Completely right, there is zero joy ordering these online. 

Woolworths was always my favourite spot to pick up Hasbros.  I'll never forget being treated to Jake Roberts and Demolition Ax for my first ever Hasbros in Woolies. 

I love the idea of doing the current roster in Hasbro form but I was really hoping that they would continue to plug the gaps of non existent Hasbro figures with several more from the attitude era.

Edited by Bohan