New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

There's no way a line of obscure wrestlers from the 80s and early 90s would succeed at the levels Mattel needs to sell. They're aiming for all sorts of fans to buy them, rather than just the few hundred Hasbro completionists who want Jim Powers and Paul Roma.

Yep true, which is why I said "I'm thinking the market there would be too niche" ;) Would be fun to have for the collectors though

3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

There's no way a line of obscure wrestlers from the 80s and early 90s would succeed at the levels Mattel needs to sell. They're aiming for all sorts of fans to buy them, rather than just the few hundred Hasbro completionists who want Jim Powers and Paul Roma.

Not completely true.  The two latest Mattel Elite series have featured Warlord, The Berzerker and Isacc Yankem!

I think the compromise is to do what they do with the Elite series, and throw a random throwback figure into each Retro series.  Pleases everyone that way.

elite50_warlord_P_Z.jpgelite51_berzerker_P.jpge3hCAt5.jpg

Edited by Bohan

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I wonder if there is anyone on earth that like those Bend Ems that they used to release. I've seen LJN collectors, Hasbro and Jakks obsessives, but never seen anyone give a fuck about the Bendy figures they used to put out in the bad old years between golden eras.

Bendems and maximum sweat figures. The fuck do you want a sweaty figure for?

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Bendems and maximum sweat figures. The fuck do you want a sweaty figure for?

Speaking of shit nobody wants, there's a shop in Sunderland that still had Dr Death in it. He's been there since 1999. Nobody wants him. Nobody will ever want him. What does it say about Dr Death, that even during a boom period where wrestling fans would have bought anything, poor Steve Wiliams is still sitting there 2 decades later.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Speaking of shit nobody wants, there's a shop in Sunderland that still had Dr Death in it. He's been there since 1999. Nobody wants him. Nobody will ever want him. What does it say about Dr Death, that even during a boom period where wrestling fans would have bought anything, poor Steve Wiliams is still sitting there 2 decades later.

It's Barts fault.

Bought The Rock, Stone Cold, Sting and HHH Mattel Retro figs at the weekend from Smyths. Felt like a 14 year old trying to buy a jazz mag. Unfortunately the kid who served me wanted to chat all about them whilst I just wanted them in a bag in case I saw anyone I knew - did tell him that 'my boy loves them'

I don't even have a son.

Ha, glad I'm not the only one. :D When I was looking at the Hasfauxs in Smyths and someone walked past, I felt like turning to browse the Barbies so they wouldn't think I was weird.