New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Not usually interested in customs but saw on Twitter today someone's done a Road Dog custom with the "jump" action... perfectly in keeping with Hasbro tradition of sometimes disregarding whether action fits the wrestler. You can definitely create a "high flyers" dream match now, of Roadie vs Repo Man.

As an aside, I always wished they used a mechanism similar to the Hulkster Hug to give 92 Crush a head vice action rather than the suplex. Him being visibly shorter than most of the other figures was shit too, El Matador should not be taller than fucking Crush.

35 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I always wished they used a mechanism similar to the Hulkster Hug to give 92 Crush a head vice action rather than the suplex.

The only downside is, when not applying the hold, he'd always look like he was praying for mercy.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

The only downside is, when not applying the hold, he'd always look like he was praying for mercy.

With an appropriate gap between his hands, he could be clutching an invisible crystal ball. Opening himself up to be dressed in Undertaker #2 coat and a new gimmick as a spooky fortune teller.

I'm not saying its good, but thats where kids' logic goes. My own figures fed involved twin Ultimate Warriors feuding with two Terminator figures, after all.

4 hours ago, air_raid said:

Not usually interested in customs but saw on Twitter today someone's done a Road Dog custom with the "jump" action... perfectly in keeping with Hasbro tradition of sometimes disregarding whether action fits the wrestler. You can definitely create a "high flyers" dream match now, of Roadie vs Repo Man.

As an aside, I always wished they used a mechanism similar to the Hulkster Hug to give 92 Crush a head vice action rather than the suplex. Him being visibly shorter than most of the other figures was shit too, El Matador should not be taller than fucking Crush.

Not sure if it's the same on you've seen but the Hasbro style Road Dogg with the jump action is getting an official release from Mattel this year and was unveiled at San Diego Comic Con yesterday.

Edited by Bohan

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Bohan said:

Not sure if it's the same on you've seen but the Hasbro style Road Dogg with the jump action is getting an official release from Mattel this year and was unveiled at San Diego Comic Con yesterday.

Probably. My work is doing some stuff with Mattel but the only license I've seen so far is Barbie, waiting patiently for seeing anything rasslin. Got something going on with Hasbro too, for the Trannies in here.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

My own figures fed involved twin Ultimate Warriors feuding with two Terminator figures, after all.

I had a Gamorrean pig guard Vs Howling Mad Murdoch. My Minis division was made up of Battle Beasts. My Hasbro tag division was the Bushwackers Vs The Ultimate Maniacs. Sometimes Wolverine would turn up.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My Hasbro tag division was the Bushwackers Vs The Ultimate Maniacs. Sometimes Wolverine would turn up.

Probably weirder than Warrior actually showing up.

Some of the Mattel reveals at SDCC for the WWE lines have been spectacular for how much deep diving they’re doing, for instance Racist Terry is not only getting an exclusive 3 stages figure set as well as different Hollywood figures and a new Hasbro-style retro, we’re also getting late 70s/early 80’s longer hair ‘Incredible’ Hulk in the Remco AWA tribute line and a black trunks Japan version Hulk as well

Also there’s elite figures for Fake Diesel and the Sultan, a Hart Foundation two pack in their newer Colliseum Collection line which has both the iconic Tag Tag designs but also the version that predates those belts and a box set of Rock, his dad Rocky and a first time figure of the High Chief Peter Maivia

4 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Some of the Mattel reveals at SDCC for the WWE lines have been spectacular for how much deep diving they’re doing, for instance Racist Terry is not only getting an exclusive 3 stages figure set as well as different Hollywood figures and a new Hasbro-style retro, we’re also getting late 70s/early 80’s longer hair ‘Incredible’ Hulk in the Remco AWA tribute line and a black trunks Japan version Hulk as well

Also there’s elite figures for Fake Diesel and the Sultan, a Hart Foundation two pack in their newer Colliseum Collection line which has both the iconic Tag Tag designs but also the version that predates those belts and a box set of Rock, his dad Rocky and a first time figure of the High Chief Peter Maivia

The Terry Gordy/Executioner reveal was a nice surprise as well! 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...