New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

Agree on Rock & Roll - they are the best for online wrestling figure shop. I've had mixed experiences with all the others. 

Ultimates and Legends being picked up by Mattel U.K. for major distribution this year is a good news message; hopefully Smyths get full waves and not just one or two. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got any info on shipping costs from Ringside Collectibles, and what i'm likely to pay on the retro's wave 1 pack, please?

I've recently got back into trying to pick these up and bought several more from the previous releases to fill in some of the blanks. Want to try to stay ahead of these newer releases this time

You can go through the checkout and not pay then it'll give you the price for shipping mate. From memory I'm sure it is around $10 each figure. Sadly it seems to just multiply per figure even though I'm confident the cost to send for example 4 instead of 3 wouldn't be any higher.

1 hour ago, Mikeymike83 said:

Has anyone got any info on shipping costs from Ringside Collectibles, and what i'm likely to pay on the retro's wave 1 pack, please?

I've recently got back into trying to pick these up and bought several more from the previous releases to fill in some of the blanks. Want to try to stay ahead of these newer releases this time

If you are after Mattel Retro figures then buy direct from Mattel Creations, total UK shipping is £9.  They launched the latest wave today which features Lex Luger, Tugboat, Doink and Greg Valentine.

https://creations.mattel.com/en-gb

Wrestlingshop.com are overpriced on some items but they've got a decent stock. Never had any problems with them.

Rock and Roll collectables are hit and miss with prices and I've had more than one damaged delivery so they are lower on my list. Their communication and replacement service was spot on so there's credit for that.

Wrestlrs.com - I got my first purchases off then about 4 days after ordering. Good service and the items were packed well. They tend to be slightly cheaper than most places for new elites.

https://www.thewrestlingmegastore.com/ is ok, good for some older looser stuff with some reasonable prices. Site can be a hassle to use but had good service from them.

Elites have been jacked up to £28 in a lot of places and that's a mighty piss take especially as the new lots are in abundance so there's no need for it in this economy.

Well chuffed with my Hollywood Blondes Steve Austin, just got to find a reasonably priced Pillman now. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Rule One said:

Wrestlingshop.com are overpriced on some items but they've got a decent stock. Never had any problems with them.

Rock and Roll collectables are hit and miss with prices and I've had more than one damaged delivery so they are lower on my list. Their communication and replacement service was spot on so there's credit for that.

Wrestlrs.com - I got my first purchases off then about 4 days after ordering. Good service and the items were packed well. They tend to be slightly cheaper than most places for new elites.

https://www.thewrestlingmegastore.com/ is ok, good for some older looser stuff with some reasonable prices. Site can be a hassle to use but had good service from them.

Elites have been jacked up to £28 in a lot of places and that's a mighty piss take especially as the new lots are in abundance so there's no need for it in this economy.

Well chuffed with my Hollywood Blondes Steve Austin, just got to find a reasonably priced Pillman now. 

A lot of places have had to buy import stock from Mattel for some recent series, so I get it.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

A Hasbro-style Gangrel that I pre-ordered last February arrived today, and it got me wondering what I'd have done if they hadn't lost the WWF licence when they did.

I had a decent if incomplete collection (still do), and starting over with Jakks figures that weren't of a compatible scale didn't appeal. Being around 13 it was the right excuse at the right time to stop buying toys, but a continuing Hasbro line featuring Diesel, Vader, Mankind and a "proper" Owen would've been hard to resist.

Maybe I'd have been stuck buying them into adulthood, sneaking Rikishi and Val Venis into uni halls after a clandestine trip to Woolies. Would I have bought as many N64 and PS2 games if DX, The Rock and Stone Cold were hitting the shelves with spring-loaded signature moves?

Those of you who did keep (or even start) collecting in the post-Hasbro era - have your figure buying days been continuous, or were they interrupted for budgetary/stigma reasons and resumed later on? And if the style changed again completely next year, would you draw a line under your pursuit of new releases, or build a new shelf for its next phase?