New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Has it ever happened to this extent in the past? Is there a history of releasing figures for released wrestlers?

its always happened. But that many in a set/series is unusual. Happened a fair bit with Hasbro with people like Nailz and Repo Man among others. But due to the turnaround time from concept to release it happens frequently.

• Paid Members
On 12/1/2021 at 2:50 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Most of this lot werent even there by the time this advert was released.

FFeVAF2XEAYuq-v?format=jpg

This one was the inside cover of the first WWF Magazine I had bought for me with Lex Luger on the cover. My parents definitely must have thought I was a gay. King of the Ring report in the same issue as the SummerSlam preview so there’s a weird duality throughout of “What an outrage!/Justice for Hulk!!” and “Come ON Lex!!” although even as a kid I thought there was an air of Tim Henman about getting behind Luger for the big one. If you bought this one you learned that Shawn dethroned Marty and the tag belts changed hands three times on house shows so it was 100% worth going.

Best of all, “It’s Our Turn” which is a scathing retort to Superstar Billy Graham written completely shoot style about his ins and outs with the company under both Vinces. Referring to “Coleman” by real name, it distances Titan from Dr Zahorian (re: steroid distribution) and points out that he defrauded the company out of a contract by returning under false pretences about his physical condition in his final return to the ring. There’s words to the affect of “When he could no longer wrestle, McMahon paid him to be a manager. When he could no longer do that, he was paid to commentate. And when he could no longer do that, he was let go.” Basically - he’s a fraud, liar and sponge. The article claimed to be the first of a series and in the future they’ll cover Tom Cole, Murray Hodgson, Rita Chatterton and others. But they didn’t, probably wisely from a litigious point of view.

But my main memory is buying my Shawn Hasbro and wondering what happened to the design in the ad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

You missed off the biggies 

and JR and Excalibur have pictures of theirs as well. I think it looks like Marc Haynes personally. Loads of first timers announced like Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford, Private Party, Abadon, Swerve, Lee and Hook. Plus Owen Hart figures like this

But this will give you nightmares 

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, BigJag said:

I really like the packaging on this set.

There is an unboxing video on the major wrestling figures podcast YouTube and shows loads of great touches across the set