New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Panhead said:

I'm gonna get my Dad to stick some of my CM Punk figures on eBay over the next few weeks but I'm not sure what to price them at. I've tried using the Sold Items option on Advanced Search but it doesn't look like any of them have been listed recently. There's a Jakks Unmatched Fury, a Mattel one with a 1/1000 belt and a 1/1000 Wrestlemania Heritage that comes with a chair. Is there a site that tells you what the current value is? 

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this. Any help would be appreciated thanks! 

I don’t know of a site, but I know some toy Facebook groups do valuations. Also have you tried the same search on US Ebay?

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t know of a site, but I know some toy Facebook groups do valuations. Also have you tried the same search on US Ebay?

Haven't tried US eBay. I will do though. Thanks for the advice 👍🏻 I'm not on Facebook but I could ask one of my mates to do it for me. Cheers bud. 

The lack of availability/delay of release for wrestling figures in physical stores is brutal recently.

I live in Glasgow which is a big city. I have 3 large Smyths stores within 30 minutes of my house and 2 of The Entertainer as well.

The Entertainer have largely had the same 10 figures in their stores for the last 18 months.

Smyths have developed a new trend of only seeming to stock half of each series for the last 2 or 3 elite series.

My son is absolutely wrestling daft and whilst I can order online no problem its nowhere near as enjoyable as taking him into the shops "for a look" then seeing his face light up with joy and excitement when I say he can pick one.

A1 Toys/Comics (not sure if they're Glasgow only) have a better selection but they're all 25% more expensive than anywhere else.

They also seperate the standard "chase" variants of Elite's and sell them for inflated prices in the shop as well which I think is piss poor.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

The lack of availability/delay of release for wrestling figures in physical stores is brutal recently.

I live in Glasgow which is a big city. I have 3 large Smyths stores within 30 minutes of my house and 2 of The Entertainer as well.

The Entertainer have largely had the same 10 figures in their stores for the last 18 months.

Smyths have developed a new trend of only seeming to stock half of each series for the last 2 or 3 elite series.

My son is absolutely wrestling daft and whilst I can order online no problem its nowhere near as enjoyable as taking him into the shops "for a look" then seeing his face light up with joy and excitement when I say he can pick one.

A1 Toys/Comics (not sure if they're Glasgow only) have a better selection but they're all 25% more expensive than anywhere else.

They also seperate the standard "chase" variants of Elite's and sell them for inflated prices in the shop as well which I think is piss poor.

That’s a real shame. Smyths down here tend to get all the figures in each set of elites, some go quicker than others. I wonder if you have a scalper issue as my Smyths are less central maybe we don’t? As far as I know Elites are sold in complete cases here so distribution wise they should be complete.

As to A1 who I know of but never shopped with, I don’t know if they get UK or import releases. I know a few places I shop with and their Star Wars as an example has to be part UK and part import as they aren’t able to get the required stock from Hasbro UK. The chase thing is poor though I agree. Nothing like seeing something rare or exclusive on the shelves.

A1 comics usually have some good stock in, a tad dearer than smyths but not by much, they used to sell hasbro mocs for £20 a few years back, they even sold the old hasbro ring (unless it was just the display model) i know just before christmas they had some aew stuff and i kid you not tna impact abyss

Edited by buba3d

I recently got back into collecting and the market in terms of physical buying its absolutely piss poor which is understandable given how shopping trends have gone over the last few years plus online is king now. Manchester and the close surrounding area isn't too great for a collector these days.

Smyth's and to a lesser extent the Entertainer just get hammered by scalpers orders on release day so it's especially hard to pick up certain figures. To those who may not have the money, time to buy exactly at release or don't have a store close by there's now a reliance on the selling groups who've cornered the market and some sellers just rip the piss out of people and even then it's a gamble that a seller will deliver on their word. Just finding a toy shop/seller is a rarity and because of the online market, it's very rare to find a bargain/deal as they can just slap it online and someone will pay what they want/a bit more for it.

I can understand some smaller chains like that A1 slightly jacking up the price of chase as they don't know if they're getting a chase figure in themselves when the stock hits because they could hold on to it until that current line dies down and sell it for way more because that's exactly what the scalpers do. The only chase I've seen in the wild is the Trish Stratus chase  (Red and White outfit.) and I was surprised to see that but also the store had two of them. The other one was still on their shelf on New Year's Eve buried behind the AEW figures no-one wants to buy for £20 or slightly lesser.

Looking about, unless it's something very specific, older loose figures are a money pit, older boxed figures can fetch a decent price depending on condition/who it is and everything now is about Elites. My friend is an Ultimate Warrior nut and has a very impressive collection but he's spent some crazy money attaining that and is finding it extra tough when each new Warrior line comes out. He's going to be shelling out at least £100 for the 3 new warriors that are due at some point this month.

I'm very selective about what I buy (Mainly Bret Hart/Hart foundation stuff and belts.) as I'm collecting just for me and rarely sell anything but I can't justify shelling out for some of the prices wanted these days. I didn't even know about half the lines released because they'd gone before they practically hit the shelves, I've tried getting the Elite Hollywood Blondes but finding a Brian Pillman figure with accessories at a semi reasonable price is non-existant.

Sorry for rambling but I feel the peak for collecting has passed and I've come back in at the wrong time. Has anyone managed to get any deals recently? I picked up Jack Gallagher (Boo), Chad Gable NXT and Enzo Amore Elites boxed for £25 a few days ago. I couldn't pass that up and two of the three are for a friend. I only wanted the Gable myself.

Edited by Rule One

Even the Smyth's website doesn't carry the full Elite or basic line up's ahead of release. They don't even show as sold out so I don't think it's solely down to scalpers.

Another option for larger orders is to wait until Ringside Collectibles have their crazy sales because even with paying their insane shipping prices it works out less than online from the UK which is wild.

I got my son 5 Elite's before Christmas in their sale which would have cost £125 total from A1...the only place here that physically stocked them, then also Powerhouse Hobbs and Ricky Starks AEW which I've never seen available in the UK online or in store.

Including shipping it was £108 for the 7 figures which I felt was beyond reasonable.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

@Jonny Vegas It's hit and miss with Smyth's, I don't know whether it's because they have a limited deal or their stock controllers just pick what they think will sell best as I've seen people looking for a Dou Drop figure from a recent series 97/98 and only bring able to find it online but not in many places. It's probably going to be the same when the Stunning Steve Austin figure launches in a few months.

The prices are insane but they weren't that much cheaper long ago. £25 is a big ask for anybody for a single figure with largely unnecessary packaging but compared with other toy lines, it's standard these days.

Forbidden Planet in Manchester has a decent stock of AEW figures but the prices are hefty especially if you've got kids who like certain characters. Luchasaurus seems to be the hardest to find from what I've seen.

I'm not keen on the groups either because you usually find it's the same 5-10 people hoovering up the deals and then selling on significantly higher whilst trying to gatekeep/lower other sellers prices with snide comments because they can't get their way.

On 1/3/2023 at 3:48 PM, Jonny Vegas said:

Another option for larger orders is to wait until Ringside Collectibles have their crazy sales because even with paying their insane shipping prices it works out less than online from the UK which is wild.

This is what I did recently to finish off my Mattel retro collection. Despite the postage cost (which I didn't think was too bad) it crazily worked out so much cheaper than buying them on ebay in the UK - even with the crap exchange rate!! 

Edited by The Reverend

2 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Randomly my local Smyth's had a couple of Ilja Dragunov, King Nakamura ane Doudrop in today.

Also had the "chase" King Woods.

Always the way, nothing there and when you've wanted some, got something or not got the time/money, it always shows up.

Have you used or heard of Wrestlr.com based in Scotland? My mate put me on to them this morning so I've picked up a Bret Hart chase variant, Doudrop for a friend's missus, Kenny Omega and Adam page duo pack with the AEW Tag-Team titles and last but not least the stunning Steve Austin figure I've been after.

They also had the Ricky Steamboat with WCW World Television title but I may pick that up at a later date.

7 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Not familiar with it mate but I will give it a look thankyou 🙂

My apologies it's wrestlrs.com I forgot to add the S.

A few deals on there and a half decent selection just though it may be worth a look. I think they have the Young Bucks figure you may have been after too.