New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

To be fair, everyone else basically had a figure by that point (including the orange card). The next couple of lines were probably going to be the likes of Kwang, Montya, Knuckleball and Mountain Rock. 

They were probably relieved to get rid of the contract.

Nice one 95

The timing seems a bit odd on those sketches. The Undertaker only had the mask in late 95 by which point Hasbro surely must have known the range was being discontinued with the Orange series having never made it into production. Plus weren't the first Jakks releases were out in early 96? That would suggest an agreement was already in place with Jakks by late 95, so I can't see why Hasbro would still be creating sketches. 

they aren't an actual range, it's an imagined 'grey' series designed by the original designer in 2017 purely for this badge line based on his previous sketches on older ranges. He may have done designs for some of them as some pre-prep on what he thought might come down the line back in the day but there's no indication this was an official series in the pipeline.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I could’ve explained that bit much clearer.

Be a mare if it was the next Mattel retro line. If you thought seeing these on a shelf in 96 would have been shit, imagine walking in to Toys R Us now as s kid and seeing a fucking bin man on the peg.

”Sorry little Peter, there’s no Nakamura figures left, but look, here’s the bin man”

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Is there any greater evidence that the WWF's talent roster was absolutely fucked at the time, than that Hasbro set? Dont get me wrong, I'd have bought every single one and had the great match between Henry Godwinn and the Berzerker, but to anyone with fond memories of the good old 80s and 90s, it's quite the step down. Little Jimmy on Christmas morning opening up his presents and there's Duke Drose staring back at him would be a wake up call nobody needed.

You'd have thought if this was legit, the likes of Drose and Mantar would never have gotten anywhere near it. They'd have probably done purple Taker, double black with spunk marks Bret, Diesel in white vest, Razor in green and Bearded Shawn with hearts on his cock. You think for sales purposes, they'd have repeated the release of the line, rather than go the Sparky Plug route.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

14 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

In 1994 I'd have gone mental

Recent evidence suggests you did.

However, if Duke had come with a garbage can accessory, then that would've justified the purchase once our Hasbro feds came under the Extreme influence. A properly moulded plastic bin would've gone great with my breakable Lego table and painted clay ring bell.

• Awards Moderator
35 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

In 1994 I'd have gone mental for a Duke Droese figure. He was my favourite.

BomberPat undergoing the biggest heel turn of all time. He's going to appear on /r/SquaredCircle dropping his 'UKFF poster of the year' trophy in the bin on Monday.