New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I think niche is my local Toys R Us having a shit load of Magnum TA figures in stock. I wonder what percentage of wrestling fans know who he is. He's not even someone WWE ever mention.

I remember for a while on here we had a game of Spot TNA Terry Taylor.

• Paid Members

A current pastime of mine when very bored is searching for wrestling figures on Facebook Marketplace, then finding the kid who has ended up with the weirdest roster between ones they've had bought for them new, presumed hand-me-downs/boot sale purchasesĀ of figures from a decade or so ago, and figures from the classic ranges.

One kid the other day must have been forced to do endless tag matches pitting a team of two different Rey Mysterios against the combo of "Demon King" Finn Balor & King Harley Race.

Exclusively kings on that roster.

2 hours ago, bobby dazzler said:

Why so many with the annoying "Jump" legs? with the exception of RickĀ Rude, RicĀ Flair and 123 Kid the Jumpers were the absolute worst Hasbros.Ā 

I'm guessing it's a move thing, Sting with the Stinger Splash and D-Bry with the flying headbutt etc but yeah they look shit.

I wonder if they consider it the most recognisable pose in the Hasbro range, and therefore more likely to evoke pangs of nostalgia?

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

I wonder if they consider it the most recognisable pose in the Hasbro range, and therefore more likely to evoke pangs of nostalgia?

Yeah, I would guess this is the case and if so then I applaud them for that. Works for me. Besides, the range of figures looks more interesting with some variety in the moulds.

They could bring out a classic series so you get Hasbro style figures of the Powers of Pain, Haku, Big John Studd et al and managers like Bobby Heenan, Mr Fuji, Sherri, Elizabeth etc as I think you see a lot of customs on eBay of wrestlers who didn't get Hasbro figures. A line of Diesel and the Hasbro head molds which were in development would be cool to have as proper figures. I'm thinking the market there would be too niche. Also would have been good if they got some of the original Hasbro designers on board and made the new ones more retro looking.

2 hours ago, Really Big Shoe said:

They could bring out a classic series so you get Hasbro style figures of the Powers of Pain, Haku, Big John Studd et al and managers like Bobby Heenan, Mr Fuji, Sherri, Elizabeth etc as I think you see a lot of customs on eBay of wrestlers who didn't get Hasbro figures. A line of Diesel and the Hasbro head molds which were in development would be cool to have as proper figures. I'm thinking the market there would be too niche. Also would have been good if they got some of the original Hasbro designers on board and made the new ones more retro looking.

There's no way a line of obscure wrestlers from the 80s and early 90s would succeed at the levels Mattel needs to sell. They're aiming for all sorts of fans to buy them, rather than just the few hundred Hasbro completionists who want Jim Powers and Paul Roma.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

There's no way a line of obscure wrestlers from the 80s and early 90s would succeed at the levels Mattel needs to sell. They're aiming for all sorts of fans to buy them, rather than just the few hundred Hasbro completionists who want Jim Powers and Paul Roma.

And Barry O

• Paid Members

I look forward to this retro kickĀ  progressing to its natural conclusion and seeing Seth Rollins Maximum Sweat and Brock Lesner S.T.O.M.P. Moon Lander Attire sat unsold on Asda shelves for years to come.Ā