New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Couple of bits of news:

A very comprehensive unofficial book about hasbros is being made through a kickstarter campaign. It’s about time, I’ve been tempted about doing similar for years but knew I wouldn’t have the time to do it justice. From what I can tell, this will be really good, loads of original concept artwork, stories regarding fabled rarities, interviews with ex-hasbro employees, forks everywhere.

As usual with these projects, a couple of the reward tiers are decent, most are bonkers. £30 gets you a copy of the book, a pin badge by the lad who makes them in our classified section and a print of some variety. I’d happily pay £20 for a book like this, so a tenner more for a print and badge is canny enough.

Some of the high end pledges are daft, interesting, but daft. 

£350 gets you:

- Custom Hasbro Of Your Choice

- Signed 1990-1994 Wrestling Figure Book

- Exclusive BrosPins Pin

- Limited Edition Poster

- Your story in the book

- 1990-1994 Wrestling Figure Price Guide

- Exclusive Figure Print

So you can have a custom figure made of anyone? As a rule of thumb you can have this for approx £30-£40 (that’s what I charged). You can also have your story (probs a word count max) about at a guess, why you like/your first hasbro (now there’s some fun to be had with that, granted, mine would be about the day I stole Nailz, felt guilty, took it back, but not before he entered a rumble and aligned with the Mountie and repo man to give Bossman a kicking). Or you can review a figure instead of a story. Anyway, here’s the link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wwfhasbrobook/1990-1994-wrestling-action-figure-retrospective-bo

EDIT: Well apparently Zack Ryder has pulled his images from being used in the book (he has a collection of rare and cast hasbros). Ahh well, might be a load of bollocks then.

........... ———— .............

In other news, series 4 of the retro line is out soon. This line will consist of the new day images we saw a while ago, the ring and this bobby dazzler:

19A75A03-C78B-4728-A882-AA28CE7AE04D.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

EDIT: Well apparently Zack Ryder has pulled his images from being used in the book (he has a collection of rare and cast hasbros). Ahh well, might be a load of bollocks then.

Hmmm ... why's he done this? Ryder was sending him pictures of his toy room and his latest purchases about 2 months ago, so they were on friendly terms. Wonder why he's distanced himself from this.

• Paid Members

@IANdrewDiceClay So I’ve deleted what I initially put, because someone has come out and explained the craic, and it’s fair enough:

In a nut shell, he contacted collectors about using images, such as HD prints of original concept art etc, The concept art in question was purchased by a collector from an old hasbro employee. The lad doing the book asked to use them and he’d get a percentage of sales or something. Anyway, long story short, after he’d agreed the book lad could use said images based on what was discussed, a kickstarter pops up and the images are being sold as part of backing options, none of which previously discussed.

The people who have provided him images believed they were duped under false pretences.

I imagine it’s the same for Zack.

.... I still fancy the book mind.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

@Kaz HayashiWow what a carny. Will definitely get the book, though.

Those 2ups that have sprung up recently are amazing. Wonder what else is lurking around this planet that will see the light of day eventually. Never thought I'd see Mega Maniac Bruti.

Some of its amazing such as the Brutus, however, those 2 ups man... I’m really skeptical due to the sheer volume that have turned up it 2 years. Fucking loads of them. 

They are pretty straight forward to make in fairness if you know your shit. You create a mild around a hasbro, then pour an expanding liquid-resin. I mean one of the gifts you get for backing this book at top price is a custom 2 up. 

Anyway, check out the YouTube vid I’ve just posted. It’s John Nord on Judge Mathis trying to pay off a debt with wrestling figures.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Couple of bits of news:

A very comprehensive unofficial book about hasbros is being made through a kickstarter campaign. It’s about time, I’ve been tempted about doing similar for years but knew I wouldn’t have the time to do it justice. From what I can tell, this will be really good, loads of original concept artwork, stories regarding fabled rarities, interviews with ex-hasbro employees, forks everywhere.

As usual with these projects, a couple of the reward tiers are decent, most are bonkers. £30 gets you a copy of the book, a pin badge by the lad who makes them in our classified section and a print of some variety. I’d happily pay £20 for a book like this, so a tenner more for a print and badge is canny enough.

Some of the high end pledges are daft, interesting, but daft. 

£350 gets you:

- Custom Hasbro Of Your Choice

- Signed 1990-1994 Wrestling Figure Book

- Exclusive BrosPins Pin

- Limited Edition Poster

- Your story in the book

- 1990-1994 Wrestling Figure Price Guide

- Exclusive Figure Print

So you can have a custom figure made of anyone? As a rule of thumb you can have this for approx £30-£40 (that’s what I charged). You can also have your story (probs a word count max) about at a guess, why you like/your first hasbro (now there’s some fun to be had with that, granted, mine would be about the day I stole Nailz, felt guilty, took it back, but not before he entered a rumble and aligned with the Mountie and repo man to give Bossman a kicking). Or you can review a figure instead of a story. Anyway, here’s the link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wwfhasbrobook/1990-1994-wrestling-action-figure-retrospective-bo

........... ———— .............

In other news, series 4 of the retro line is out soon. This line will consist of the new day images we saw a while ago, the ring and this bobby dazzler:

19A75A03-C78B-4728-A882-AA28CE7AE04D.jpeg

My HAsbro Anecdote would probably be the years-long feud I had between The Bushwackers and the Ultimate Maniacs because they were the only Hasbros I ever owned. I've got a Galoob Arn Anderson.

• Paid Members

I don’t know which one I’d pick. 

Possibly the one in in which Steven Mains tried to nick my orange trunk Macho Man, as he slinked it in his bait box, when we went around my grans at lunch time. Thing is, he told big Dean when we got back to school, but Dean grassed on him, and that then led to Chris Saunders emptying Stevens bag out in maths, handing me back the Savage figure and then chucking his bag out of the 3rd story classroom window.

Stevens a good friend of mine now, and I know at least 1 of the other 2 are in prison for attempted murder.

So you know, yeah, probably that one.

Saying that, I do have one in which I left Koko B Ware in a shrine/temple next to Tutankhamens sarcophages when we went to Egypt.

Make my own bloody book.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

My Hasbro anecdote would probably be about the time I put on a 45-minute kickout-fest that was way ahead of it's time for 1994. Wouldn't have looked out of place main eventing an NXT Takeover.

The competitors I chose for this? Virgil taking on Greg The Hammer Valentine.

Valentine was still only barely warmed up by the finish, according to Gorilla Monsoon.

Mine is about the "Bionic Man" Randy Savage. Why was he bionic?, well he was somehow broken and had a screw in his arm (which was the one which had the elbow drop mechanism). Not a small screw, or a superglued back on arm, but a huge, gigantic screw which of course meant he couldn't do the elbow special move now. I think he was quickly fizzled out of my Hasbro promotion when he was previously a top guy. At least with a super-glued arm you could have had the angle where it falls off during a match you had a built in blood feud. "Andre you broke my arm (off)!!!!", or it could have been eaten by Damien, Ricky Steamboat getting revenge for having his larynx crushed by breaking off Macho's arm, DiBiase could have stole it and tried to sell it back to him...a world of possibilities. But no, Randy was relegated to being on the sidelines and occasionally involved in Royal Rumbles/Battle Royales. 

I accidentally stood on the inside of my Hasbro ring and put a big crack in it, so my Hasbro promotion had to work around a ring that I can't afford to get fixed as it was the mid-90s dark times. Every now & again, someone would trip on the crack, allowing the heel to take advantage. ECW later stole this idea when they had the main event of Living Dangerously 98 work a match with a hole in one of the corners