New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Had a couple nearby. The main difference I remember between Index and Argos was that at Index your order would arrive on a conveyor belt, like something from the Generation Game.

Our's came up(or down in a small lift thing, like a lazy waiter in a restaurant. As a kid it used to seem so much more exciting waiting for the lift doors to open and see if your long awaited new toy was going to be there! 

Does anyone know what the last Tag Team set sold was? I always remember wanting a Head Shrinkers and Steiner set, but can't remember if they came bundled as a pack or not? 

5 hours ago, Nick Soapdish said:

If I remember correctly index were the first to sell Jakks in 97 or so. I believe Toy Stack was the name of a small chain that I got my last Hasbros. Yellow card Razor Ramon if I remember in the mid 90s

The only place I ever saw the Yellow Carded figures was Childrens World, which I think was a subsidiary of Boots. Think at the time, I ended up getting most of them (if not all) from there. After that it seemed to be very difficult to get the new figures, I remember getting the blue card ones (Marty Jannetty, Giant Gonzalez) from ASDA, which I seem to recall did not stock the earlier the figures. 

• Paid Members

I never had any of that set that had Giant Gonzalez, 123 Kid, Smoking Gunns etc :( it actually still kind of annoys me, which I know is pathetic for a 31 year old man. Especially when, even if I got them now, I know they'd just end up in a box somewhere in the loft or the spare bedroom. 

Think the last ones I got were Yokozuna and Bam Bam Bigelow. Thought Bam Bam looked great apart from the head tattoo which made him look like he had a granny's blue rinse. 

@Cod Eye I might be talking bollocks but I'm pretty sure the Steiners and Headshrinkers didn't come as a set. I remember getting Scott Steiner ages before Rick. And I only had Samu out of the Headshrinkers, so they must've been sold separately. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, wandshogun09 said:

I never had any of that set that had Giant Gonzalez, 123 Kid, Smoking Gunns etc :( it actually still kind of annoys me, which I know is pathetic for a 31 year old man. Especially when, even if I got them now, I know they'd just end up in a box somewhere in the loft or the spare bedroom. 

Think the last ones I got were Yokozuna and Bam Bam Bigelow. Thought Bam Bam looked great apart from the head tattoo which made him look like he had a granny's blue rinse. 

@Cod Eye I might be talking bollocks but I'm pretty sure the Steiners and Headshrinkers didn't come as a set. I remember getting Scott Steiner ages before Rick. And I only had Samu out of the Headshrinkers, so they must've been sold separately. 

Your probably right actually. Just been going through the Brutus thread on WrestingFigs, and they are both on the back of his card separately...

On a really freaky side note, Yoko and Bam Bam were MY last two Hasbros too! I loved that Yoko, the sheer size difference between him and the other figures looked great1

• Paid Members

I bet Yoko and Bam Bam were a lot of peoples' last ones when you think about it. The set that had Gonzalez, Jannetty, Ludvig Borga etc wasn't really sold as widely over here, was it? Seems like there were only select places you could pick them up. So the Yoko/Bam Bam set were probably the last ones that were easy to find. 

Who else was in that Yoko set of Hasbros, actually? Yoko, Bigelow, was that the set Narcissist Luger was in as well? And Doink? 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I bet Yoko and Bam Bam were a lot of peoples' last ones when you think about it. The set that had Gonzalez, Jannetty, Ludvig Borga etc wasn't really sold as widely over here, was it? Seems like there were only select places you could pick them up. So the Yoko/Bam Bam set were probably the last ones that were easy to find. 

Who else was in that Yoko set of Hasbros, actually? Yoko, Bigelow, was that the set Narcissist Luger was in as well? And Doink? 

I defiantly had Doink, as he was the first one I chose out of that series because of the "real" hair it had. 

I remember there was a 'Taker with a cloth coat and a Mr Perfect too. Can't remember the other though.

Out of curiosity, how much do the Hasbro's cost nowadays, If I were to start trying to collect them MOC? I collect NECA's horror figure lines, and wouldn't mind getting into collecting these too..

I'm pretty sure Luger was in that set, as I remember my friend John (the kid who got me into wrestling) bringing them round to mine and then forgetting to take them with him when he left.

"Excellent," I thought, "A whole evening to play with these new figures before taking them into school for him tomorrow."

No. He made his mum turn the car around and come straight back for them. :(

• Paid Members
Just now, Uncle Zeb said:

I'm pretty sure Luger was in that set, as I remember my friend John (the kid who got me into wrestling) bringing them round to mine and then forgetting to take them with him when he left.

"Excellent," I thought, "A whole evening to play with these new figures before taking them into school for him tomorrow."

No. He made his mum turn the car around and come straight back for them. :(

Haha, so close, but yet so far!

Did anyone else use to trade their Hasbros with their mates? We used to have a mini (what we would now refer to as a)draft every weekend.  There were certain figures that we you could get three or four in exchange for, like Macho King with the crown and sceptre. Another one that we put a high price on was The Berzerker because he had an actual cloth top on. The one I always kept though, no matter what the offer, was the Bearhug Hulkster because I though it looked the best out of all the Hogan variants and it was one of the first ones I ever got...

Oh and don't get me started on the wierd kid that tried to swap me my blue WWF ring with sound box for his WCW ring. He'd even lost the cage attachments for his.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I defiantly had Doink, as he was the first one I chose out of that series because of the "real" hair it had. 

My little brother cut the hair off my Doink figure. Because he wanted to "see what it would look like" apparently. Shit. Shit is how it looked.

Poor Doink was never the same after that. Clowns with alopecia didn't get much work in my wrestling figure fed. 

Edited by wandshogun09

25 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Did anyone else use to trade their Hasbros with their mates?

No, but I did this temporarily (possibly with John again) for He-Man figures. However, there was a twist. For some reason we'd switch the arms on the figures, so he'd have a Skeletor with green arms, while I'd have a Moss Man with blue arms, for example. I guess it made it easier to tell which figures were part of the swap, or something, but I doubt we were thinking that tactically at such an age.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

Does anyone know what the last Tag Team set sold was? 

This site is one was one of my favs when I used to make customs under the guise of Foxeth. However, here it lists every series in order with pictures, rings, mailaways etc (mail away taker is the only Hasbro I need, mare to get hold of).

http://darvelweb.free.fr/wwfhasbromaniax/pagefigurinesselectionserie.htm

Regarding your question about prices, it 100% depends on the figure, the series and condition. Green series are generally the most expensive as far as standard release go. I got ÂŁ58 for a loose 123 kid a couple of years ago.

It also depends on the market, for example there was a boom over the last year when Mattel decided to bring out a line in homage to the Hasbro line.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

This site is one was one of my favs when I used to make customs under the guise of Foxeth. However, here it lists every series in order with pictures, rings, mailaways etc (mail away taker is the only Hasbro I need, mare to get hold of).

http://darvelweb.free.fr/wwfhasbromaniax/pagefigurinesselectionserie.htm

Regarding your question about prices, it 100% depends on the figure, the series and condition. Green series are generally the most expensive as far as standard release go. I got ÂŁ58 for a loose 123 kid a couple of years ago.

It also depends on the market, for example there was a boom over the last year when Mattel decided to bring out a line in homage to the Hasbro line.

Bringing us nicely back to on topic as these are now at Smyths

IMG_8066.PNG

If they'd gone the whole hog and made them the same scale as the Hasbro line, with the same style of articulation, then I'd probably be snapping these up. But as a sort of half-way house I don't really see the point.