New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

To Cod and Nick - No, I did mean Hasbro rings. There were two blue Hasbro ring types, the difference being the post mold and in some cases colour blue/black. The flat top posts that were more common, but there was also a version with a rounded top post. Then there's the yellow KOTR version.

images.jpg

Hasbro_WWF_Ring_1990_Wrestling [1600x1200].jpg

acf3b8d6c8ac105f05c2576ee3dbc8ec.jpg

Well Fuck a Duck! Never knew there were different versions of the blue ring. Am I right in thinking that the noise box didn't come with the ring as standard? Only asking as I was the only one amongst my friends who got one...

21 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Well Fuck a Duck! Never knew there were different versions of the blue ring. Am I right in thinking that the noise box didn't come with the ring as standard? Only asking as I was the only one amongst my friends who got one...

UK exclusive, I believe.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Those were the days, £3.99 each a figure, and £20 for the ring with sound box.

Here's a pic of it boxed

stalkring.jpg

I can remember opening this on Christmas morning, along with Piper, Bear Hug Hogan, Green Dibease and Jake The Snake figures. I was so, so happy! 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Collectors, answer me this. I just listened to Curt Hawkins on the Sam Roberts podcast, and he mentions that Zack Ryder has this strange habbit of buying all the hasbros and LJN for loads of money and then selling them only the buy them back. What is the appeal there? Is it to get that "buy them for the first time!" feeling back when you purchase them? What's going on there. Is that common?

That is literally one of the plot lines from Pyschoville. 

Some of the stuff that came out during the original Roger / fork stuff was fascinating, still my favourite thread that happened on here. Didn't it have quite a lot of the original Hasbro design sketches, which I think may have turned up in other threads since?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, chokeout said:

That is literally one of the plot lines from Pyschoville. 

Some of the stuff that came out during the original Roger / fork stuff was fascinating, still my favourite thread that happened on here. Didn't it have quite a lot of the original Hasbro design sketches, which I think may have turned up in other threads since?

I wish "Forkgate" was still around to read... It was informative, surreal and hilarious all in one go!

• Paid Members

The version with the sound box came out a year or so later, I think. I got the version without it for Christmas '91 (I think), and the version with the sound box the following Christmas after I broke my first one.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

My favourite bit was when people started questioning him and he was like "well fuck off then. No more Hasbro art for you."

That was the best bit. From what I remember, the lad who came on here was actually sharing pics, info etc was 2nd hand as a lot of the stuff belonged to a well known collector called STOM. 

His info was sound in fairness, but it was his weird attitude and the fact he started threatening not to update us about someone else's collection.

Who first mentioned the fork BTW? I can't remember who first suggested it. Fucking genius that was.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

That was the best bit. From what I remember, the lad who came on here was actually sharing pics, info etc was 2nd hand as a lot of the stuff belonged to a well known collector called STOM. 

His info was sound in fairness, but it was his weird attitude and the fact he started threatening not to update us about someone else's collection.

Who first mentioned the fork BTW? I can't remember who first suggested it. Fucking genius that was.

Whoever is was wants a custom title or something. It's one of those remarks that went down in UKFF folklore(or Forklore, if you like) and was even referenced on here recently wasn't it?

• Paid Members

The bit that always sticks in my mind was his "I'll take a photo of my collection now" (after a lot of prompting) and members going full on CSI when he posted it "Got up those stairs and back quickly then, fella.........almost too quickly"