New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Hello,. Would somebody be able to tell me where I can get a mint Classic Ultimate Warrior Wrestling buddy from. I want it for my baby nephew. Am I right in believing that they were re-released not that long ago?

This is what I'm after.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=IGo1ktuH&id=DA9A90D183CF1804049E48E00E8BCE19A692B7EF&q=Ultimate+Warrior+wrestling+buddy+in+packaging&simid=608018137564709416&selectedIndex=4&adlt=strict&ajaxhist=0

I've had a scan on Ebay. No real luck.

Toys R Us have some wrestler buddies. My local has Rock and Cena, I 'remember them announcing any classic ones though

Hello,. Would somebody be able to tell me where I can get a mint Classic Ultimate Warrior Wrestling buddy from. I want it for my baby nephew. Am I right in believing that they were re-released not that long ago?

This is what I'm after.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=IGo1ktuH&id=DA9A90D183CF1804049E48E00E8BCE19A692B7EF&q=Ultimate+Warrior+wrestling+buddy+in+packaging&simid=608018137564709416&selectedIndex=4&adlt=strict&ajaxhist=0

That warrior one you posted a pic of is from 1990! Don't think wwe released any classic buddies in their rebirth. I think they showed off a Warrior one at toy fare but don't believe it was ever actually released. There is an Ultimate Warrior Bleacher Creature though which is really cool.

Edited by Bohan

I have a Hollywood Hogan one. Forget what WCW called their ones. Got him from a car boot a while ago. Also got The Rock one from the current range who oddly has the World Heavyweight Championship Big Gold Belt which is strange considering whilst he did hold the WCW one twice, he didn't win that incarnation of the belt. And yeah, they've not done a classic range of the new ones which is surprising, There's a few they could do.

• Paid Members

This is what I'm after.

That warrior one you posted a pic of is from 1990! Don't think wwe released any classic buddies in their rebirth. I think they showed off a Warrior one at toy fare but don't believe it was ever actually released. There is an Ultimate Warrior Bleacher Creature though which is really cool.

Yes. I've seen the Bleacher Creature one. It may scare my nephew. The wrestling buddies in Toy R Us seem to be all Cena and Reigns ones. Not interested in those.

I'd settle for a Big Boss Man original wrestling buddy.

Thanks for the info people. I'll keep looking.

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

From what he said on Twitter it sounds like he's got the only one ever made, for promotional catalogue pics. I'd also love to know what it took to get it.

DDZqm7YXsAAl_oo.jpg

That picture is pure nostalgia for me. That Hogan was my first ever Hasbro and I had the same ring too.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

From what he said on Twitter it sounds like he's got the only one ever made, for promotional catalogue pics. I'd also love to know what it took to get it.

DDZqm7YXsAAl_oo.jpg

That picture is pure nostalgia for me. That Hogan was my first ever Hasbro and I had the same ring too.

The general craic is that people who bought it, including my memories is that came with the orange savage, rather than the green one advertised. That ring too, minus the launch pad flat tops for Fucking hawk and the like.

Anyway, as a collector, I'm really intrigued to know who had it prior to the mass collector/seller he got it from.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

The general craic is that people who bought it, including my memories is that came with the orange savage, rather than the green one advertised. That ring too, minus the launch pad flat tops for Fucking hawk and the like.

Anyway, as a collector, I'm really intrigued to know who had it prior to the mass collector/seller he got it from.

Kaz, is there anything else out there that I may not be aware of. These things seem to keep popping up. Had no clue about the Greg Valentine one that popped up a few years back either. And I only thought the Mega Maniac Brutus was a custom until today. Is there a Diesel out there somewhere? Is there a Tugboat figure still to drop? What about that singles Shawn Michaels with the different pose. Surely this cant be the end of the line.

• Paid Members

It's crackers mate, with skepticism. The ones 'now found' are the ones that have been holy grail for a while. The problem is that there are some very creative customisers out there. There's a massive bunch of 'just uncovered' 2 ups, which are basically massive proto versions of hasbros popping up over the last couple of years, along with unpainted test shots. The only person from within to shed any light was a bloke called Jeremy, but loads of collectors called him out, saying he wasn't the same bloke who worked for Hasbro at the time etc etc, he disappeared, so all findings are now based on collectors finding them.

Going back to what I said earlier, I'm intrigued to know where it's come from, even then, who's to say these legendary collectors aren't fleecing every fucker who's willing to believe.

The obvious who could be out there is probably a test shot for diesel. And that's based on the company mannix knocking out a boot leg with a very similar head in their line of pound shop fodder.

In this image, right to left you have obvious rips/head molds of razor, Adam bomb, Luger, then you have diesel and then a HBK with no shades. For me, those 2 are probs the next out of nowhere uncoverings.

29w48dx.jpg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

14 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Kaz, is there anything else out there that I may not be aware of. These things seem to keep popping up. Had no clue about the Greg Valentine one that popped up a few years back either. And I only thought the Mega Maniac Brutus was a custom until today. Is there a Diesel out there somewhere? Is there a Tugboat figure still to drop? What about that singles Shawn Michaels with the different pose. Surely this cant be the end of the line.

Diesel's head has just turned up recently:

BC7C5B42-BBE8-4E2D-943B-03D7767059A6.jpg

• Paid Members

Even then, I'm skeptical as fuck about it. I honestly believe I could make that with the poxy resin I used to use for mine. Saying that, I don't know it's proper back story and unless someone from Hasbro at the time can clarify, I'm staying a million miles away