New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Aye, there's 1 or 2 on there who seem to know their shit too. Hasbro maniac and Hasbro Kev. Both have mental collections, probably fork worthy.

But yeah, the things pointed out do suggest they might not be legit. Possibly photocopies of originals, hence why the paper is mint a crisp Whit condition for the age and possibly later coloured in.

Yea the collectors have some super rare stuff (moon Kamala, paint models, prototypes, design sketches etc) so I think they would be able to spot something which isn't legit. Interestingly Double Js name being spelt wrong could be a simple oversight since Hasbro just made the figures and maybe weren't wrestling fans so they wouldn't be familiar with him. There are misspelt "error" cards but they seem more likely mixed up in manufacturing. But back to the sketches, they could be the work of an opportunist looking for a easy cash in or are photocopies. Something drawn in 1993/94 would show signs off yellowing/creasing/damage etc by now. Unless they were stored perfectly.

• Paid Members

For a brand as big and well established in the toy marketplace as WWE, it doesn't half look cheap joining forces with a company that makes knock-off Lego. "Works with major brands" is such a TNA thing. Mind you, the same company have officially licensed NBA fake Lego too, so they must be halfway credible.

I have a fair few of them from the blind bag series they did. Got them to try and get The Rock. Somehow bought 9 until I got him and I didn't get any swaps. The Shield van they did looked pretty cool. Will have to see if they turn up in mine. That Bray Wyatt one is quite hard to find I've noticed. They're a good shop. They have the WWE books in now and then. They got that John Cena one with the free sweatband and the 100 Greatest Matches one as well.

• Paid Members

For a brand as big and well established in the toy marketplace as WWE, it doesn't half look cheap joining forces with a company that makes knock-off Lego. "Works with major brands" is such a TNA thing. Mind you, the same company have officially licensed NBA fake Lego too, so they must be halfway credible.

Hardly exclusive to WWE. Lots of brands link up with Megabloks instead of LEGO and others like Barbie and Peppa Pig have their own range of not-LEGO blocks. Depends on whether LEGO are interested or whether you can make money licencing it yourself.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I thought the TMNT stuff that Lego did was pretty sweet too. Didn't realise they'd lost the licence to MegaBloks although their sets look alright too.

To keep this on-topic, I found someone on Instagram the other day who does custom Lego minifig wrestlers: https://www.instagram.com/assui88/

They're pretty rough around the edges if you look at them closely but in thumbnails, they look great. They've clearly got a great eye for Lego-ising the designs but needs to print them instead of trying to paint them.

• 4 weeks later...