New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Good lord, they look superb! I can't believe how vast their new range is. Seriously impressed with those. The playsets like the Wyatt swamp house are ace, and I love the fact they have legends there too. Interesting to see The Ascension there.

I hope these take off over here, well get these for my kids.

• Paid Members

All that fake Lego stuff looks like it would be super fun for kids to play with, far more so than big cumbersome action figures, but a lot of the figures' faces look pretty shitty. Like weird South Park characters.

I notice the packaging says 'works with major brands'. I'm surprised that Lego don't have copyrights preventing this sort of thing, but it's great news if your kids already have tonnes of Lego bricks.

Edited by Arch Stanton

The faces remind me a bit of the WCW wrestling buddies, although they're not really like them:

2163_figure2.jpg

I think it's just the weirdness of translating a 3D face onto a 2D head. They're like little caricatures (of someone who doesn't look much like the wrestler) but they're all pretty instantly recognisable, which is good for a little two-inch figurine.

Edited by King Pitcos

Quite a few of the figures in the boxes are placeholders -- the Macho Man/Hogan box has Cena and Sandow figures in the box, and there's a Miz figure in there somewhere in place of Roman Reigns or Bray Wyatt or someone. It will have been just because they only had one prototype of the figure itself and it was out on display. Some of them have cardboard cutouts in the box in place of the figure, some of them just have another figure to fill the space.