New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Welp, that's me told! I thought they 1) looked awful and 2) were useless in their non-Lego-ness, when everything else in the whole world has an actual Lego version. I accept I'm alone in this and will deal with the mental scars that brings. Carry on!

• Paid Members

All subjective innit. One thing though- they won't be useless as they're compatible with Lego and all the other fake Lego bricks. I swear when I were a kid it was either Lego or fake shit that wouldn't stick with legit Lego bricks.

• Paid Members

I went to Smyth's today after reading in this thread how superior their selection of wrestling figures is. Fucking hell, it was amazing, it made the selection at the Brent Cross Toys "R" Us I occasionally go to look like the few disease encrusted toys for kids to play with on the floor of a doctor's waiting room.

Smyths don't have any Ultimate Warrior figures. They'll have the new one in the two-pack with Cena in the next few weeks, which is his first figure in months and months. For any of the older ones, eBay/Amazon marketplace is your best bet. This SummerSlam '92 one is the most reasonable I can find, pricewise:

www.amazon.com/WWE-Collection-Ultimate-Warrior-Action/dp/B00G987GQI/

Should come to about £15 total. Everything else on eBay and Amazon is £20+.

Edited by King Pitcos

• 3 months later...

Just a quick heads up. I know some, including myself, were after the Bluetista figure that was posted last year. It's available at Smyths Toys for £17.99, part of the Elite 33 series. Just ordered mine, but like I say I know some other people mentioned wanting it

I don't collect anymore but that figure is the best they've released in YEARS.

• Awards Moderator

I can't be the only nerd who sees some of the pictures in here and gets the urge to go on eBay and buy a box full of second hand figures. Recreate the wrestling figure federation you had as a child? One more show? One more time?

I get that feeling too! I've even got to the point of looking on eBay but never gone far enough to actually buy. If I was at a car boot and someone was selling a load of Hasbros, however, I'd snap up the lot purely for nostalgia.

I had a wrestling figure dream last night, actually. I found my old blue WWF ring with the 'break it up!' sound effects, along with two Bam Bam Bigelows and a Bushwacker Luke. In the dream, I went looking for more in the wardrobe, but found a cake instead.

In conclusion, I now have the urge to go to a car boot somewhere, just in case.

Just a quick heads up. I know some, including myself, were after the Bluetista figure that was posted last year. It's available at Smyths Toys for £17.99, part of the Elite 33 series. Just ordered mine, but like I say I know some other people mentioned wanting it

Have the X-Pac one on the way, really tempted with Bluetista but already have 2 older Batista figs.

I try and collect at least 1 of each figure per wrestler and 2015 is going to a be a shit year on my wallet what with Hogan, Razor, Sting and more figures coming out. Problem these days with collecting wrestling figures is the cost. If you dont manage to grab one from Smyths (or eventually Toys R Us) you are left with online retailers, the prices they charge can be ridiculous after a month or two. Even amazon.com are guilty of this sometimes.

Ive also got the Pop Funko! bug at the minute. Ive got Punk, Austin and Hollywood Hogan so far. These vinyl figures are fairly cheap (compared to other collectibles), looking pretty cool and they have such a range from WWE to Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones that I can see myself going a bit mad with these. 

• Paid Members

I think jakks released a few varients in total. On my phone so cant post pics but just type JAKKS dynamite kid in to google images and you're sorted.

Some might be customs, but the red tights, blue tights and the T-Shirt versions are all legit. There was a red tight deluxe version too.

Thres a white tights version on goigle images next to bulldog, thats just a custom fix up.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

Found and bought a Bluetista figure in A1 Toys in Glasgow today, £17.99 well spent. They didn't have any when I was in on Tuesday but had the whole line of Elite Series 33, the Rollins is outstanding too. Just a heads up that they're in shops now.

Edited by Juan Manforce