Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami

patiirc

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
apparently Satoshi Tajiri the creator of Pokemon was killed in the Tsunami

This is why I'm not on Twitter right now. There's so much of this nonsense about in the wake of a major disaster it's best to avoid it altogether.

Acid rain is falling. The power plant is going to meltdown. The Japanese haven't got enough time to save everyone so they're lying that it's under control. The guy who made Pokemon is dead. The guy who invented Mario is dead. HAARP did it. This is the beginning of the 2012 prophecy. Repeat ad nauseum. All completely distasteful rumourmongering, as if what's happened wasn't bad enough already.

It was the same after 9/11. Twitter and Facebook not being around then, it was all chat room bullshitting e.g. "oh yeah, my local news channel said another plane's been hijacked and it's heading for Denver" or such bollocks.

Edit: Anyone want to wager how long it'll take Dynamite Duane to blame all this on the Illuminati/New World Order/One World Government/Men in Black?

• Paid Members
End of Days lads.

It's all geared towards this 2012 Mayan prediction, isn't it?

As big a tragedy as this earthquake and tsunami is, the 2012 gang coming out and going "aha! Proof!" have been undeniably entertaining. I'm not a conspiracy type of guy but I am genuinely fascinated by these people. Much like Duane in the conspiracy and Hollie Grieg threads, I can't help but think "what the fuck is wrong with this guy?". Yet when I see that he's left a new entry in either of those topics, I almost yelp with glee just to see what nonsense he's left us this time.

Here's another video doing the rounds at the minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZV9a24p6IM

I don't think the Mayan predictions are a conspiracy, are they? :confused:

I'm no expert on the subject but I am under the impression that the Mayan's never even made any predictions and lets not forget that for years it was 1999 that the World was going to "end" and I personally don't remember any mention of 2012 before recent years.

That aside some of the footage so far has made my stomach turn.

• Paid Members

I'm no expert on the subject but I am under the impression that the Mayan's never even made any predictions and lets not forget that for years it was 1999 that the World was going to "end" and I personally don't remember any mention of 2012 before recent years.

No, the Mayans made no predictions. The whole bollocks about 2012 is simply because the famous Mayan calendar discovered by archaeologists ended at 2012; pretty much every real expert on the subject reckons it was simply because the artisan(s) making it just ran out of space to add any more years, and didn't really feel the need to make any more because it was several hundred years in the future and therefore not urgent.

• Paid Members

Whatever it all is, I think "They" are responsible.

I have a mate in Setagaya-ku. He appears in good spirits.

"Shibuya would've fairly high on my list of places to die anyway. Bring it on! Yesterday at 06:44 "

"Why are all the presenters on TV wearing hard hats? Has something happened? Yesterday at 09:51"

"When you're a baby you love being rocked to sleep. Turns out when you're an adult, not so much. 15 hours ago "

"Somebody please call Jack Bauer 4 hours ago"

Whatever it all is, I think "They" are responsible.

I have a mate in Setagaya-ku. He appears in good spirits.

"Shibuya would've fairly high on my list of places to die anyway. Bring it on! Yesterday at 06:44 "

"Why are all the presenters on TV wearing hard hats? Has something happened? Yesterday at 09:51"

"When you're a baby you love being rocked to sleep. Turns out when you're an adult, not so much. 15 hours ago "

"Somebody please call Jack Bauer 4 hours ago"

Thats effing Class.. Hope his rocking it owt!

• Paid Members

No, the Mayans made no predictions. The whole bollocks about 2012 is simply because the famous Mayan calendar discovered by archaeologists ended at 2012; pretty much every real expert on the subject reckons it was simply because the artisan(s) making it just ran out of space to add any more years, and didn't really feel the need to make any more because it was several hundred years in the future and therefore not urgent.

Not sure where you got that from mate, the Mayan Long Count Year is recorded going up until the year 4772 or thereabouts.

• Paid Members
Thats effing Class.. Hope his rocking it owt!

Just thought I'd check up on him :

Me : "Others have asked me to check you are ok. You seem to be. Please update me if this changes."

Him : "OK? It's 1-0 Utd. I've spunked my pants."

Archived