Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami

patiirc

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'Karma for Pearl Harbour' according to some Americans out there on Twitter - yup like 2 atomic bombs wasn't enough, for fuck sake. :rolleyes:

I read somewhere that alot of this is down to those mutants over on 4Chan. No idea how true that is, mind.

Last night someone on 4chan posted a massive collage full of people who had expressed these types of comments on their Facebooks, over the course of several hours a campaign began in which people "outed" these idiots and harvested their personal info (names, addresses, schools, places of work) in order to notify their schools and workplaces in order to inform them that they were associating with racists.

4chan may be the sewer of the Internet, but sometimes they can do good things.

...and that's why I don't use my real name on Facebook.

Anyway, here's some reading material:

LOL, America

LOL, Facebook

They are cunts but stealing their personal information and harrasing them is also bang out of order as far as I am concerned.

• Awards Moderator
That's terrifying; the sheer volume and frequencies are unfathomable. We still haven't heard back from my friend who lives in Matsudo-shi. A load of us have tried to contact him via phone, email, text and even Facebook and nobody has had a response. He's always quick to reply to messages, too. If he's in an area suffering a power shortage, I just hope it's a government enforced one.

Without trying to be dismissive, I think there's a good chance your friend's OK. My ex's family I referred to before live in Matsudo, and apparently the disruption wasn't as large as dreaded.

Yeah, we've been checking every news site possible and there are very few reports of anything of significance (in comparison) happening where he is. We just wish the fucker would get in touch!

I got a message from my friend early this morning and thankfully he's okay. His English isn't the best but he said the Earthquake wasn't as bad as he would have expected, but what followed convinced him he was going to die. I don't know what damage has been done to his home or belongings, but he seemed in good spirits in his message and even managed to crowbar in a dig at Everton and Manchester. Bless him.

• Paid Members
Like I said they are cunts but I'm not going to defend another bunch of cunts.

Anyone can access what ever they want about you. Don't like it? Don't be a dick and you're fine, or just get off the internet and call the cyber police.

Scariest video I've seen from ground level. I really hope no one was in those cars being swept, and the guy driving the van got to safety :(

That's just incredible. Thank God they had a hill to retreat up. Bits of it looked like some bizarre monster movie, when the buildings started moving and being ripped out of the ground.

I'd imagine anyone still driving at that point was toast, to be honest.

Anyone can access what ever they want about you. Don't like it? Don't be a dick and you're fine, or just get off the internet and call the cyber police.

Scariest video I've seen from ground level. I really hope no one was in those cars being swept, and the guy driving the van got to safety :(

For some reason I can't view that vid. Do you have another link?

• Paid Members

For some reason I can't view that vid. Do you have another link?

No sorry I don't.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/03...er-tsunami.html

Don't really know what to add to this. Frightening.

Jesus Christ.

Archived