Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami

patiirc

• Paid Members

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12733393

Technicians are battling to stabilise a third reactor at a quake-stricken Japanese nuclear plant, which has been rocked by a second blast in three days.

The fuel rods inside reactor 2 at the Fukushima Daiichi plant have been fully exposed on two separate occasions, raising fears of a meltdown.

Seawater is being pumped into reactor to try to stop the rods overheating.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Hey guys - Capcom have announced that, until March 22nd, they will be donating ALL profits of sales of the Street Fighter IV iPhone game to the relief effort, and to aid sales, they've reduce the price significantly to 59p.

Here, have a look.

Also, my friend who works at the Japan Foundation is trying to organise a series of fundraising events; he's got a number of artists and sponsors on board, and is supported by the Japanese embassy and the Japan Society UK, but every little helps. Have a look at the Facebook page for info; also, the more people who "like" the page, the more likely the events will attract bigger (and potentially more generous) sponsors:

Play For Japan

• Paid Members
Hey guys - Capcom have announced that, until March 22nd, they will be donating ALL profits of sales of the Street Fighter IV iPhone game to the relief effort, and to aid sales, they've reduce the price significantly to 59p.

Here, have a look.

Also, my friend who works at the Japan Foundation is trying to organise a series of fundraising events; he's got a number of artists and sponsors on board, and is supported by the Japanese embassy and the Japan Society UK, but every little helps. Have a look at the Facebook page for info; also, the more people who "like" the page, the more likely the events will attract bigger (and potentially more generous) sponsors:

Play For Japan

I already have it but have passed all this info on! :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Here, have a look.

Play For Japan

Thanks. I know there's a load of bollocks about clicking FB pages and links, and that's usually because they really are meaningless, but these links WILL actually help.

Also, thanks to anyone who clicks them.

• Paid Members

Here, have a look.

Play For Japan

Thanks. I know there's a load of bollocks about clicking FB pages and links, and that's usually because they really are meaningless, but these links WILL actually help.

Also, thanks to anyone who clicks them.

I've clicked, and I'll keep an eye out for anything happening locally, as we've got loads of bands but fuck all in the way of venues.

Archived