The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

Am I just not seeing his name or is John Cena not on that list at all?

It's always funny when people come on here wondering where Cena is on the list. Haha, every year. WAKE UP. Everyone knows where Powerslam stands with Cena. They criticize him all year. Whether you agree or not, he's obviously not going to make their list.

Am I just not seeing his name or is John Cena not on that list at all?

It's always funny when people come on here wondering where Cena is on the list. Haha, every year. WAKE UP. Everyone knows where Powerslam stands with Cena. They criticize him all year. Whether you agree or not, he's obviously not going to make their list.

People were saying it was more reasonable so I just assumed I'd missed his name. Plus the John Cena ribbing is such old bollocks I didn't think anybody was still doing it.

Yes you did. I like Cena, but it's bollocks itself to think everyone else does.

No, but I did think it was pretty widely regarded that he was a good wrestler and that people generally respect him as a talent. Pretending he isn't top fifty material is so five years ago or so.

Yes you did. I like Cena, but it's bollocks itself to think everyone else does.

No, but I did think it was pretty widely regarded that he was a good wrestler and that people generally respect him as a talent. Pretending he isn't top fifty material is so five years ago or so.

But as Fin IS the entire magazine these days, its one mans opinion. I agree with a lot of what he says about Cena (although if it was my list Cena would always be at least top half) and I think its going to take a lot to change his mind. He hates Jericho too which I think is even more ridiculous as he's much better than Cena in my opinion. But that's just it really. There's no point in whinging about it because Cena is never going to get better in his opinion. Its a list of wrestlers Fin and, if we chose to believe it, his probably like minded pals enjoy watching wrestle the most.

He's never really rated Goldust that much either. And including Brock is a bit weird. And the absolute hypocrisy of bumming the Chinese wrestlers yet hardly ever devoting space to them in the magazine is (ignoring business reasons) hilariously bad. Filling over half the 50 with people 90% of readers either don't know or don't give a shit about seems pointless when they usually make little to no effort to promote them any other time. One or two pages of 80% photos doesn't make anyone want to watch best of the junior super wrestlers.

Fucks sake, I started with the idea of wanting to at least slightly defend Fin but now he's just pissed me off again!

The current champions section has to be the most pointless thing in the mag at this point.

I've always thought the house show section was a waste of space. I stopped reading it 15 years ago.

I wonder why they stopped the profile pieces. It seems now it's just a shit load of interviews and rarely a good informative profile. The last one on cesaro was really good so it's a shame they don't do them more often.

Has anyone got the FSM list, for comparison?

FSM hasn't done a comparable list. The one in the current issue covers the FSM years of 2006-2013 rather than just the last year.

"FSM's 100 Greatest Wrestlers 2006-2013 was conceived to mark the date that FSM first hit the shelves, and our 100th issue. Consistent quality of matches in the period 2006-present was the main criteria, though this was not merely judged on workrate or technical skill, but instead incorporated performance on the biggest stage, ability to work the crowd, and quality of storylines."

1. Daniel Bryan

2. Hiroshi Tanahashi

3. John Cena

4. Sami Zayn

5. CM Punk

6. Shawn Michaels

7. Rey Mysterio

8. Chris Jericho

9. KENTA

10. Prince Devitt

11. Shingo Takagi

12. The Undertaker

13. AJ Styles

14. Austin Aries

15. Nigel McGuinness

16. Daisuke Sekimoto

17. Kota Ibushi

18. CIMA

19. The Young Buck$

20. Yuji Nagata

21. Sin Cara

22. Seth Rollins

23. Antonio Cesaro

24. The Briscoes

25. L.A Park

26. Akira Tozawa

27. Triple-H

28. Chris Hero

29. Kurt Angle

30. Edge

31. Masaaki Mochizuki

32. Jeff Hardy

33. Davey Richards

34. Adrian Neville

35. Randy Orton

36. Kevin Steen

37. Shinsuke Nakamura

38. Kazuchika Okada

39. Naomichi Marufuji

40. Masato Yoshino

41. Minoru Tanaka

42. Negro Casas

43. Minoru Suzuki

44. Hirooki Goto

45. YAMATO

46. Bobby Roode

47. Dick Togo

48. Alex Shelley

49. Eddie Edwards

50. Katsuhiko Nakajima

51. Volador Jr.

52. Ricochet

53. Zack Sabre Jr.

54. Averno

55. Takeshi Morishima

56. Naruki Doi

57. Tetsuya Naito

58. Kenny Omega

59. Dr. Wagner Jr.

60. Roderick Strong

61. Takashi Sugiura

62. La Sombra

63. Masato Tanaka

64. Christopher Daniels

65. Samoa Joe

66. El Torito

67. Dolph Ziggler

68. Go Shiozaki

69. Jun Akiyama

70. Sheamus

71. Shuji Kondo

72. Jimmy Susumu

73. Jimmy Jacobs

74. Chris Sabin

75. Evan Bourne

76. Fit Finlay

77. Christian

78. Adam Cole

79. Michael Elgin

80. Mascara Dorada

81. Johnny Gargano

82. Kyle O

All that proves is lists are bollocks (a bit of fun) Zayns name sticks out like a sore thumb with your criteria. And im excited when Generico or Zayn hits the ring.

All I believe in is the UKFF all time top 50 did it get further than Sir Mo?

Edited by moofasa

I never normally bother with his obvious bias towards Cena, and admittedly some of the stuff he does complain about I agree with( such as the non-existing selling of injuries, or his sometimes sloppy AA) but his comment about the February 13 Match with Punk was just blind ignorance. He said in the review of the WWE 50 years DVD, and I quote, " John Cena vs CM Punk(Feb RAW 2013) doesn't merit a place here". How can he be so blind to what was clearly a phenomenal match?

As for the rest of the list, I don't watch Japanese wrestling at all, but surely with his magazine being targeted to more mainstream-viewing customers, the list is more a way of him showing off that he knows who these guys are, rather than whether they genuinely had a better year than Bryan or Punk etc