The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

• 2 months later...

I bought Power Slam last month for the first time in about 2 years. Price has gone up I noticed, but it did feel bigger than before, don't know if it was.A lot of the stupid stuff had gone, like listing champions, tweets etc.Pointless Cena bashing was still in full force though, within a couple of paragraphs of the 'news' section.Gonna be another two years before I buy it again I think.

• Paid Members

I bought Power Slam for the first time in about a year last month, and that was only cos I needed some reading material for a 5 hour train journey. Still a load of bollocks tbh.

I picked PS up today for the same reason. I'd been on the train for 25 minutes and read the whole thing cover to cover. It really is shite.

I agree. There's something appealing about it that I can't quite put my finger on. I enjoy the fairly large amount of Japanese wrestling coverage and don't really mind the WWE criticisms (some can be quite funny to read actually). I usually learn something new from the Q&A section every month as well - I think it's unfair for people to say it's pointless cause of the net these days, as the level of detail in the answers would rarely be found from a quick online search. Would be quite keen to see something similar in FSM as well actually.

I've been first in line to slag off PS on here at times, so *in the interest of fairness* I thought I'd post and say that I've really enjoyed the recent History of the WWE Title series and this month's Kobashi article. When he shuts his smarky whining for five minutes and turns his focus to something he actually cares about, Fin can still bash out some really enjoyable and informative writing.

• 4 months later...