Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

I wonder what the thought process is in telling mad lies in shoot interviews. The people who watch shoot interviews are mostly the people who are likely to spot the bullshit. For the old-timers, it must just be the thrill of feeling like a big man taking money from a mark to talk bollocks for a bit.

With some of the old timers they must be so out of touch with real life they probably aren't even aware how easily some of their stories can be disproven.

Mike Graham was my favourite. What an obvious load of crap he used to come out with.

Not an official shoot but a great interview with Sean Waltman from a few months ago including stories of a severed head being thrown into the ring in Juarez Mexico, his fucked up relationship with Chyna, stealing Alicia Webb from Ken Shamrock, countless crazy drug stories and, of course, the torn arsehole injury.

https://youtu.be/gv6ccZ9Znzo

I seem to remember one of the Sheepherders claimed to be the original Tiger Mask (or it may have been the original Black Tiger) in New Japan?

Manny Fernandez tells loads of lies, including having fought in Vietnam despite being too young to do so. I think at what point he claimed to have been former NFL player too (there was a player with the same name but different guy).

• Moderators

Black Bart, Sgt Slaughter, Mike Graham. Those three are good shouts for biggest bullshitter.

Black Bart's shoot is awesome for sheer BS level: He claims Dusty Rhodes came up with the Undertaker gimmick, and that Black Bart was supposed to play that character. He also claims he's the biggest locker room legend in today's WWE (for his antics back in the day) Piper had a warrant for his arrest, so Bart pulled a car up to the ring w/ Piper in the trunk, popped it, Piper wrestled, and then hopped back in the trunk and they took off. Oh God, Black Bart actually just claimed he was offered 180 grand to star in a Fox Network sitcom based on his, Dutch and Moondog Rex "Desperodos" gimmick. Flair told The TBS execs "We can't have these jabronis star in a show" So WCW released them and the Sitcom was canceled. Ronnie Garvin would get sexually excited when you worked "stiff" with him. He actually called himself vs Sam Houston a "Main event" match. Of course the place was sold out, and of course they had such a great match, the other 4 "Main Events" of the evening couldn't compare. Vince McMahon wanted to bring him in and work the upper midcard and offered him a "job for life", Bart declined, so when he went to WWF a year or 2 later, Vince made him a jobber out of spite. A week after Mike Von Erich got out of the hospital, Bart carried him in a match for 45 minutes, then asked the ref "Is this the boy who just got out of the hospital?" After the ref said yes, Bart said "Oh **** " and took Mike down and pinned him. When David Von Erich died he laid in his hotel room for 2 weeks with the A/C shut off and stayed there til Fritz came to Japan 2 weeks later and snagged the body. He claimed to have threatened Jose Gonzalez (Brody's killer) with a knife shortly after Brody's death. Bart said in 1991 the ring crew was all 18 or 19 year old ***** men, and Vince had a tour bus for them, and would spend an odd amount of time on the bus with the gays. He also says Lanny Poffo was gay, and came on to him. Vince found out Bart told Lanny off, and Bart was released shortly there after...

Edited by PowerButchi

I'd need to something pretty big to say anyone other than Mike Graham,   I'm obsessed by his obvious lies.

He claims he came up with the NWO, Nitro, and it was his decision to cancel Clash of the Champions.

Is there any likelihood any of that is true, cos I don't believe any of it?

• Paid Members

I'd need to something pretty big to say anyone other than Mike Graham,   I'm obsessed by his obvious lies.

He claims he came up with the NWO, Nitro, and it was his decision to cancel Clash of the Champions.

Is there any likelihood any of that is true, cos I don't believe any of it?

Zero chance any of their shit is true. Its like Greg Gagne. Their Dad's were so great and so respected, they try create an undeserved legacy of their own by biting off stuff they had nothing to do with, because they never measured up to their fathers. If you watch Gagne's shoot interview, he claimed he told Bischoff all the same stuff Graham said he told him. Its second generation small penis syndrome.

And if Gagne and Graham were such brilliant minds, why didnt they never have any ideas after 1996 (apart from Gagne claiming he invented MMA of course)? Graham is so thick, he's the reason Benoit, Guerrero, Saturn and Malenko got their releases, because he threatened to murder Benoit when they were asking to leave. The thick twat put WCW in a horrible position when he (as a agent) tried getting heavy handed. They couldnt not give them to the WWF then.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay