Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

Luger's Highspots shoot is ok. I got it when it was released which pre dated him coming clean about all his demons - ie getting caught. With that context you've got to take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

• 4 weeks later...

Keiji Mutoh and Kaz Hayashi did a shoot over 10 years ago, I haven't watched it but I'd imagine it was mainly about Japan.

Nah. A load of dumb-ass, mark questions, many of which Mutoh only half-understood and much of it focused on comparing Japan with the U.S. When asked about specific matches, he had little or no recollection of some of them. Hayashi's interview was shorter & not very interesting, for similar reasons.

For the sort of thing 'Maverick's after, there's probably more chance with; Stan Hansen, Rollerball Rocco...or guys who were there during that period of time. Rocco's story of arriving in Japan as Black Tiger, being handed $20,000 (or whatever the figure was) in an envelope & having passport control come out to his limousine, was pretty good. Having finally established who the masked character was, journalists then flew to Britain to report on his matches for the Japanese wrestling press, as Rollerball.

Edited by KingofSports

For the sort of thing 'Maverick's after, there's probably more chance with; Stan Hansen, Rollerball Rocco...or guys who were there during that period of time. Rocco's story of arriving in Japan as Black Tiger, being handed $20,000 (or whatever the figure was) in an envelope & having passport control come out to his limousine, was pretty good. Having finally established who the masked character was, Japanese journalists then flew to Britain to report on his matches as Rollerball.

I remember watching a Rollerball shoot on Youtube years ago - the interviewer goes to his home in Majorca (I think?).  Is that the one you mean?  I remember it being very interesting but I've not seen it around to re-watch since.

Edited by fraserbee

That's the one. Recorded around 2006 in Tenerife, I think. The interview was conducted by a chap from British Wrestlers Reunion or similar. He went with his boy. Rocco did a short guided tour of the island at the end.

Rocco gave the guy this jacket too:

ad4534411902784.jpg

...worth a bob or two. Looks thrilled, doesn't he.

Edited by KingofSports

Dunno if it's the right one but I found this Rocco shoot (audio only). https://www.sendspace.com/file/qnnwoe

It should run around 140 minutes. File size looks a bit small small, but it could be the same one @ a low bit-rate.

&

regarding Colt Cabana; his name was brought up a few times by the interviewer, who was either a massive mark for him or winding Rocco up for some reason. Don't know if that was related to the podcast at all & presumably that was done more recently. Most of what he said in the shoot seemed legit', either because it could be proven or there was little point inventing it. Pinch of salt for me though, with all shoots. Ms. Sytch made sure of that.

Edited by KingofSports

• 1 month later...

Just watched Rikishi's Youshoot and it's really boring. It runs for 2 hours and he just dodges loads of questions. It looked like he got pissed off at the start as most questions were about him shunning Too Cool during his HOF speech. I wouldn't be surprised if Sean Oliver was tempted to ask for his money back after this shoot. Rikishi just refused to name drop and dish the dirt on anyone. The only thing he revealed was that Yoko loved listening to Snoop Dogg while on the road. Avoid this one guys.

I also forgot to mention that for some reason Rikishi thinks Yoko held the WWF title for 3 years and Oliver didn't even correct him.

Edited by The Clint

Just watched Rikishi's Youshoot and it's really boring. It runs for 2 hours and he just dodges loads of questions. It looked like he got pissed off at the start as most questions were about him shunning Too Cool during his HOF speech. I wouldn't be surprised if Sean Oliver was tempted to ask for his money back after this shoot. Rikishi just refused to name drop and dish the dirt on anyone. The only thing he revealed was that Yoko loved listening to Snoop Dogg while on the road. Avoid this one guys.

Cheers its in the collection anyhow.