Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

I also love how by just giving himself jobs around tryouts where he doesn't know what he's doing, and what WWE's looking for, and GIVING WILLIAM REGAL'S VETERAN SPEECH when Regal isn't around, he was doing WWE a massive favour and they were wrong to tell him it wasn't his job and to stop fucking doing it.

Haha! I watched the Ricardo interview in the last couple of days as well and was taken aback by how arrogant he is. The notion of him laying into The Shield is brilliant. Which Hawkins interview was that, Ian? I've downloaded the one where he's interviewed by Trent Baretta and another lad, but not watched it yet.

• Paid Members

Its the one with Trent Baretta. Its funny in parts. He's quite likable.

The bit about the Shield on Ricardo's shoot was even more funny when you consider the timeframe. The Shield were one of the most pushed acts at the time he mentioned (Dolphs title win). Like Ricardo is going to say shit to them. Dolph only won the scabby belt. That was lower on the card than the Shield.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Yep, his Ace vs Triple H regime change bitterness is a highlight. That's an element that I never expected to come out in the latest round of releases, jealousy of the Shield and Wyatts. "The business has changed so much from when I was coming up back in the day. These kids now..." That might be verbatim. 

• Paid Members

His arrogance in not seeing how the William Regal stuff was wrong is great. Ricardo's is the only version we know and he stills comes off as a complete dickhead. Ricardo taking over from Regal without being asked and doing Regal's speech to the trainees would have gotten a bumming in the shower from JBL if this was a decade ago. He's lucky there arent absolute mentals like Benoit about. Matt Striker and The Miz were put through hell because they were overbearing. Ricardo should be chuffed there's rules in the locker room these days that prevent you from getting your passport nicked while in a different country.

• Moderators

His lack of self-awareness in seeing that Regal's been wrestling for 30 years and doing the big speech to the tryout guys isn't the same as Ricardo "hearing it loads of times" and so delivering it himself was amazingly stupid.

• Paid Members

It depends. Sometimes it can get a bit shouty, but they are both hilarious. Karl Anderson is good people and its mostly Gallows and Anderson doing funny voices. Gallows is ridiculously funny at times. His Fink voice is spot on. The podcasts are only half an hour each, though. They're at MLW.com if you want to listen.

• Paid Members

Everyone's seen the trailer for CLIFF COMPTON interviewing GOOD BROTHER SEX FERGUSON with Freight Train standing behind them, right?

I must have watched the ending ten times and it gets me every time.

Outstanding. Better than any sitcom on TV!