Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

I can't remember which Kevin Steen show shoot it was may have been truth Martinis? But he said that working with Virgil was awful he didn't let him get anything in and apparntley changed everything on the fly, it was also stated on there that he seemed to remember nothing and possibly talking nonsense, poor Virgil :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone seen the Dynamite Kid's shoot interview before? Its really shit, sadly. Dynamite just gives nothing to the interviewer. The exact opposite of his interview with Fin Martin back in 1999 (which was brilliant). Its 3 hours and I watched it in 30 minutes. You simply have to keep skipping through it, because nothing is happening. He just sits there (I swear) Sky remote on the table (which he keeps adjusting for some reason) and giving one word answers. He's really hard to understand with living in several countries and being a rough northerner. You sense he doesnt really care to remember any of the stories he's being asked about and just wants to get back to watching the Tipping Point. He said of his back injury (the famous one where his nerves were so shattered his leg couldnt stop bouncing) that "it weren't to bad. Me back just got a bit stiff every now and again. But it was OK." That's just a proper "can you leave now" answer.

Its a shame really, because he has a few funny little lines, which makes you think if he was interviewed by someone he was comfortable with (say a Fin Martin or someone) it might have been good. For example there's a funny one where he goes "I didnt mind Volkof but I didnt like Shiek. Actually they were both shits." Another one was when asked about him what he'd do to Outback Jack he said " I shaved his head ... errr ... cant remember ... there were that many things." He also keeps calling Bret Hart "Bread." "I wanted to drop the belts to Jim and Bread." One scary bit is his hatred toward the Mountie is still there. When asked about the fight he had he was told "we interviewed him and he said he was frightened you'd kill him" to which Dynamite looked to the side looking really angry and said "that's what I should have done, really. He was an arsehole."

Its revealed later on that the reason he seems to be quiet and isnt giving much, is because after the CNN piece he's paranoid as fuck about people wanting to talk to him. His wife is there off camera explaining how CNN were "knocking on t'neighbours doors" and Dynamite was by himself in the house at the time and they pulled a hatchet job on Tommy. He then says to his wife "eh, it were shit werent it? Eh?" He seems well pissed off with it. Shame, because a proper interview with him has potential.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I watched the first 2 mins of the Dynamite Kid shoot a while back. That was enough. Credit to anyone going beyond that.

The context for the awkwardness may also be that before the camera went on the interviewer and crew were marking out and getting him to sign tonnes of figures and 8x10's.

I'm making excuses for him, the bloke just doesn't give a fuck, for whatever reason!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Rockin' Robin (Jake Roberts sister) has a shoot interview out. Her career as a wrestler is discussed, but she seems like a nice, not bitter woman who is glad to be out of it and has no complaints. Dull really ...

... until she starts discussing her childhood where she reveals Grizzly Smith would regularly rape her as a child. I mean fucking hell. That's her Dad. What a scumbag that fucker is. Pretty sickening story really. Its no wonder Jake turned out all fucked up with him as a Dad.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Rockin' Robin (Jake Roberts sister) has a shoot interview out. Her career as a wrestler is discussed, but she seems like a nice, not bitter woman who is glad to be out of it and has no complaints. Dull really ...

... until she starts discussing her childhood where she reveals Grizzly Smith would regularly rape her as a child. I mean fucking hell. That's her Dad. What a scumbag that fucker is. Pretty sickening story really. Its no wonder Jake turned out all fucked up with him as a Dad.

Jake has mentioned a few times that his mother was only 12 when he was conceived and was actually the daughter of the woman Grizzly Smith was in a relationship with. It blows my mind that they all seemed to stay civil with him when he was a full blown scumbag.

• Paid Members

Kayfabe Commentaries have done a YouShoot with Scott Hall. I'll be having some of that.

nR62E.jpg

There's a Breaking Kayfabe with Kevin Nash just come out as well. Anyone seen it yet? Here's the trailer;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=BHT7GGQAshg

Nash must be approaching Raven levels for sheer number of shoots now but, unlike with Raven, I never get bored of the Nash ones.