Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I remember Nash saying the Holly thing never happened and if he'd have squared up to him he'd have had his bag shit in that very night, because Holly was a "job guy". Nash is probably a crippled mess now (he tells a story of having to wake up an hour before he actually gets out of bed because the pain he's in on a morning is so bad), but in 1995 Nash was pretty frightening I imagine. He had a bit of a reputation as the Kliq's hardman. Although, Bob Holly did have a only punches allowed fight with Bart Gunn and didnt get dropped. And Bart knocked everyone out.

What was a tough guy back then, though? It seemed like most wrestlers in the 90s (the post-kayfabe era and pre-MMA era) were hard men with reps built off being a bouncer or knocking someone out in a pub. Its not like Nash and Holly were Rick Rude or Paul Orndorff. Who have a million stories about their double hardness.

On a sidenote, I remember a story where Hall and the 123 Kid were getting on Savio Vegas case, so he cut their hair and both of them sulked. Because Savio hung around with the Undertaker, Kama and Yokozuna, they weren't going to start with him. Its not like Nash and Hall walked around bullying everyone. There was a lot of people who werent scared to stand up to them. Like the Harris Brothers when they got Shawn Michaels by the throat once. I wouldnt have started with those two skin heads. They might be shit, but Ron and Don Harris looked proper solid.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

That account (under various names) has been uploading shoot interviews since 2008. Although, sadly they all get deleted after about 3 weeks when they eventually get caught by RF or Kayfabe Commentaries. So get them while you can before we get that sad feeling of when the account gets shut down.

I suggest this link to save them to your desktop if you really fancy putting one aside for a rainy day.

http://en.savefrom.net/

Just checked. The account is down :(

• Paid Members

I remember Nash saying the Holly thing never happened and if he'd have squared up to him he'd have had his bag shit in that very night, because Holly was a "job guy". Nash is probably a crippled mess now (he tells a story of having to wake up an hour before he actually gets out of bed because the pain he's in on a morning is so bad), but in 1995 Nash was pretty frightening I imagine. He had a bit of a reputation as the Kliq's hardman. Although, Bob Holly did have a only punches allowed fight with Bart Gunn and didnt get dropped. And Bart knocked everyone out.

What was a tough guy back then, though? It seemed like most wrestlers in the 90s (the post-kayfabe era and pre-MMA era) were hard men with reps built off being a bouncer or knocking someone out in a pub. Its not like Nash and Holly were Rick Rude or Paul Orndorff. Who have a million stories about their double hardness.

On a sidenote, I remember a story where Hall and the 123 Kid were getting on Savio Vegas case, so he cut their hair and both of them sulked. Because Savio hung around with the Undertaker, Kama and Yokozuna, they weren't going to start with him. Its not like Nash and Hall walked around bullying everyone. There was a lot of people who werent scared to stand up to them. Like the Harris Brothers when they got Shawn Michaels by the throat once. I wouldnt have started with those two skin heads. They might be shit, but Ron and Don Harris looked proper solid.

I always for the impression with Nash with his size and being an ex-bouncer he must off been atleast fairly hard. But putting yourself in his boots he can't afford to lose a fight to someone Hollys size it would be credibility destroying.

I'm actually amazed that nobody stuck Waltman's face into a bag of shit once his back up of Michael's and Nash weren't around. Back in '98 Hunter didn't have any stroke to get someone fired back then either. If Mero was supposed to be a genuine tough boxer he should've knocked Waltman the fuck out after the skinny twat shit all over Sable's gear when they were in London during that Capital Carnage event.

• Paid Members

I'm actually amazed that nobody stuck Waltman's face into a bag of shit once his back up of Michael's and Nash weren't around. Back in '98 Hunter didn't have any stroke to get someone fired back then either. If Mero was supposed to be a genuine tough boxer he should've knocked Waltman the fuck out after the skinny twat shit all over Sable's gear when they were in London during that Capital Carnage event.

Regardless of his martial arts background I would expect someone that small would get handled my 2/3rds of the roster quite easily

• Paid Members

I always for the impression with Nash with his size and being an ex-bouncer he must off been atleast fairly hard. But putting yourself in his boots he can't afford to lose a fight to someone Hollys size it would be credibility destroying.
Funnily enough I watched that Big Sexy shoot a few weeks ago. But Nash said something along the lines of "we'd have got him fired right away" which I thought was a bit shitty.

I love Nash and Hall but can easily imagine someone like Waltman being a pain in the arse for lower card guys back then, knowing he had the entire Kliq as back-up.

Edited by garynysmon

Regardless of his martial arts background I would expect someone that small would get handled my 2/3rds of the roster quite easily

That means fuck all. Styles gave JBL a good pasting. Sounds hard to believe but true.

• Paid Members

X-Pac only shit in a few peoples bags. A lot of the poo was attributed to him, but wasnt actually his. Mark Henry's Subway got a lump of shit in it and everyone says it was him, but that happened in late 1996. So it couldnt have been. Another one was Sunny. Kevin Nash provided the turd, and X-Pac was the one who dumped it in the food (because he was the only one who could climb the fence that went into the catering room). So if you're going to fight anyone it would be Nash. And Candido isnt that thick.

X-Pac's shit list only included Juventud Guerrera, Sable and Rip Rogers. Guerrera because he grassed up X-Pac on a radio show about his suicide attempt and his step son was taken away from him because of it. He shit in Rip Rogers bum bag because he stole from him in WCW. And he shit in Sables bag because everyone told him to. So it was pretty much a mission from his peers. Rogers, Sable and Guerrera didnt know it was him, so they couldnt go on any revenge mission there. In fact, Juventud ended up trying to fight Konnan, thinking it was him, and Jack Evans stepped in and battered the Juice.

• Paid Members

I'll agree with Ian that the Harris boys looked hard enough to make me think few people tested them.

They give off a no win vibe, you get your arse handed to you or if you best them you get a flaming cross on your lawn and a shank to the kidney in the shower after raw.

Dreadful to endure as a fan though, even if the DOA looked cool to me.

• Paid Members

I'm way late but just getting round to watching some Kevin Sullivan shoot interviews. I had the End Of WCW one or whatever it's called on earlier that he did with Sean Oliver. Now I've got his WCW 1996 Timeline on.

"Some days if you said to Randy 'it's a nice day out', he'd say 'what do you mean by that?'"

He's such an interesting and engaging guy to listen to. The stuff about Hogan's heel turn, despite the story being told a hundred times, is pretty fascinating because Sullivan was such a huge part of it even ending up happening.

What's Sullivan doing now? Is he completely out of wrestling apart from shoots and appearances and stuff? Has he ever been involved with booking in WWE in any way, or been close to being involved?

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Strange you ask now, because he's got his own podcast on MLWradio.com that just started.

And he's booking a new promotion that starts in January set from Las Vegas. The Shane Douglas one. Road Warrior Animal is the head of talent relations and Jake Roberts is the road agent/trainer. No idea if that'll be good but it sounds decent on paper.