The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Evile last night, decent old school trash metal. No alarms and no surprises. 

Hopped in the pit for it and I feel fucking awful now, mind you. Like a lot of things that resilience my body had for it went away over lockdowns and never quite came back. 

Same with drinking and hangovers as a whole, which I'm thankful for. 

Oh well, back on the wagon until Left to Die in March! 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

After years and years of hearing their name mentioned in the same circles as loads of my favourite bands, I finally got round to listening to Failure.

Fantastic Planet is a brilliant record. I can't believe it took me so long to listen to them. I think they only song I'd ever heard from them previously was their cover of Enjoy The Silence. 

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

After years and years of hearing their name mentioned in the same circles as loads of my favourite bands, I finally got round to listening to Failure.

I'm in the exact same boat as you, i'll get onto Fantastic Planet.

28 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Quite enjoyed that, apart from the drums seem quite low in the mix and don't sound great if I'm being honest. Maybe it's different on something other than a phone? 

The words on the screen made it very easy to sing along to :)

I know I signed a contract I won't play unless the lyrics are on a screen somewhere