The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

That ticks all my angsty goth pop boxes! 

They're what you'd sort of hope Jack Off Jill would have been when you first heard of them. 

I admittedly love Jack of Jill but I get you, some Daisy Chainsaw/Queenadreena vibes coming from these.

I'll probably need to re-appraise Jack off Jill. Scott Putesky/Daisy Berkowitz's spindly guitar work on early Manson was probably the best thing about them and he never got his due praise for it, and it's not like I can stomach listening to him anymore. 

As much as I really, really, really love that creepy cartoon punk energy on Portrait of an American Family. 

5 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Hundred Reasons have released a new track and I think it's absolute cack. I can't even be bothered to find it to post on here.

I've always been a massive fan but wasn't impressed. Did lead me down a Colin Doran rabbit hole and listened to the incredible Lucky Nine yesterday tho. Their one album is just so good start to finish and Colins voice fits the heavy stuff so well.

1 hour ago, Rockbus2 said:

I've always been a massive fan but wasn't impressed. Did lead me down a Colin Doran rabbit hole and listened to the incredible Lucky Nine yesterday tho. Their one album is just so good start to finish and Colins voice fits the heavy stuff so well.

His other band, They Fell From The Sky, are really good too. They finally released an album this year and I saw them at 2000 Trees and were brilliant.

Lads, get out the Dickies trousers, your Volcom hoodie and grow one of those little goatees with no moustache because it's 1997 again.

A lot of bands seem to be trying to do this sound but in my eyes, these guys nail it. Yeah, it's massively ripping off Around The Fur-era Deftones, but if you're going to do it, do it to one of the best.

Lineup looks to have leaked. The draft poster was posted by someone minutes after Download's social media posts today and is using the exact same theme/layout. Download have been deleting any share of it on their feeds too so it's as good as gold:

spacer.png

I am - as they say - all over that shit.