The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

2 hours ago, Tamura said:

spacer.png

The rescheduled (Doom were supposed to be supporting on the postoned 2022 version) Campaign For Musical Destruction tour, I'm guessing it's a 30th anniversary thing since I was at the Queens Hall, Bradford in 1992 for the original version of the tour with Dismember and Obituary. Dropdead instead of Doom makes it much better for me, as much as I love the latter Dropdead don't come over as often these days, although I've seen every UK show they've done 2016, plus one in Stockholm. Haven't seen Napalm Death since 1994 in Manchester, so back to Manchester it is.

Still no idea what’s going on with that Hull show because that venue has closed down and no one from from ND has commented or responded to any questions about it

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Skin Failure have released their record and it's a brilliant half hour of really fun thrash/hardcore. The band features the vocalist of Black Peaks which I'm really excited about because I thought he was one of the best metal vocalist around and was gutted when Black Peaks split up. So Glad he's in a new band. His screams are great!

On 11/10/2022 at 9:14 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

Still no idea what’s going on with that Hull show because that venue has closed down and no one from from ND has commented or responded to any questions about it

I can't imagine another venue in Hull where Napalm Death would fit in. Welly and Asylum seem too big and everywhere else too small.

Asylum would be probably be the better choice out of the two.

Most of the shows that got moved from Tower moved to either Welly or Polar Bear, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they just ended up cancelling that date entirely or found a venue in either Sheffield or Leeds, especially if they’re on the road down from Glasgow already

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Added to Bloodstock:
MAIN STAGE:
Sacred Reich, Heaven Shall Burn (first ever UK Festival appearance), Seething Akira, Crowbar, Urne, All Hail The Yeti, Dead Label, Uuhai
SOPHIE STAGE:
Brothers of Metal, Gutalax, Cobra The Impaler, InVisions

They had me at Heaven Shall Burn, been wanting to see them for years but never had the chance

First proper 2000 Trees announcement 

FiLHT52WIAAaU5X?format=jpg&name=large

I wasn’t expecting to see Pitchshifter on there. 
Wouldn’t mind Hundred Reasons although I saw them play ‘Ideas…’ all the way through at Hevy ‘03 so that won’t be beaten. 
Rival Schools and Loathe should be great as well as the Trees stalwarts like Ithaca, Press To Meco and The Saint Pierre Snake Invasion. 

I'm not sure why it's taken me so long but I've just got round to listening to Vein.fm, more particularly their new record 'This World Is Going To Ruin You' - it is absolutely brilliant stuff.

Like a hardcore version of Dillinger Escape Plan/if Poison The Well went math-metal, with a bit of self-titled era Slipknot thrown in for good measure. Really great modern metalcore. I've listened to it every day this week and it's one of my records of the year for sure.

Also, bring back turntables in metal.