The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

17 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

What would you call that? Metalcore?

Not a genre I know much about these days outside of like Ithaca but it sounded good.

Yeah man we're metalcore with a touch of deathcore too. 

We all bring our influences into the band so I'm a huge metalcore fan so is the drummer but our lead guitarist and clean vocalist is a huge deathcore fan so we try to mesh it and have a nice mix 

I'm genuinely grateful for you guys checking it out and being nice and respectful with your responses 

• Paid Members
On 1/27/2023 at 10:06 PM, Kfogg1991 said:

Yeah man we're metalcore with a touch of deathcore too. 

We all bring our influences into the band so I'm a huge metalcore fan so is the drummer but our lead guitarist and clean vocalist is a huge deathcore fan so we try to mesh it and have a nice mix 

I'm genuinely grateful for you guys checking it out and being nice and respectful with your responses 

fair fucks Kfogg, decent that! Look forward to hearing what you put out next. 

New additions to Bloodstock 2023-

RJD Stage (Main Stage):

Witchsorrow, Wytch Hazel, Hate, Royal Republic, Employed To Serve, Tribulation

Sophie Lancaster Stage:

Candlemass (only UK date) have replaced Whitechapel, Bloodyard, Wolfbastard, Black Coast, Russkaja, Gaerea, Striker, Skin Failure

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Apparently Ozzy has cancelled all future shows because he's too unwell.

I'm not surprised tbh, and heard talk on the radio someone involved had double booked themselves weeks back which suggested something was up, but I am disappointed because I actually wanted to see Judas Priest rather than him but looks like that's off too.

The press releases state that his team are working on a way for him to perform that won't involve moving from city to city so I fully expect a bat munching hologram to headline Download 2024. 

HRH Hammerfest looks like it's going to either implode spectacularly or be a complete shitshow this weekend. For the uninitiated HRH is ran by Chic Festivals who are basically the 1PW of music promoters. Their business model is that most of the people that go to their events have "won" their tickets in a competition, a competition that everyone that enters wins. What you then get is two days of free music, the only catch is you have to pay £10 booking fee per ticket. They make the rest of their money by upselling to accommodation packages that they get a cut of.

HRH have been fairly notorious amongst bands for not paying their artists for years, even bigger names that they've had actual written contracts with. A couple of mates in bands have been trying to get money owed for four or five years. They've also been known to advertise bands and promote their events based on artists that haven't even agreed to play. Lordi were advertised to be playing Hammerfest from the start despite them having no idea they were on the bill. 

It's not just bands either, they owe refunds to shit loads of punters who frankly stand zero chance of getting their money back. They've cancelled events or moved them across the country from the originally scheduled venue but as it's only booking fees and not tickets that have been paid for the weedling cunts have been getting away without paying up, even to those they upsold the accommodation packages to.

A few days ago Primordial dropped off this citing "contractual issues" and now a load of bands have followed suit. This is the poster as it stands right now, minus the never-were-playing-anyway Lordi. There were some bands sticking to the line of "It doesn't affect us, we're still playing and will put the best show possible on" who have now dropped off too.  I'd be stunned if a few more haven't dropped out by the end of the day. 

There's an event on at the same time in Birmingham at the weekend called Whammerfest that is showcasing bands that are owed money by HRH and they're steadily gaining traction, hopefully they sell their show out.

May be an image of text

Edited by cobra_gordo