The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

15 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

If venues are taking a cut of merch then bands should get a cut of bar takings because those people wouldn’t be buying drinks if the band weren’t playing. 

I don’t disagree, but thats where there needs to be a negotiation between venue and tour manager. A flat fee to the venue for allowing the sale of merch, a reasonable % of the bar takings for the band for getting the people in the building.

• Paid Members
On 2/14/2023 at 9:12 AM, Shy Dad said:

If you're camping in Disabled I'll be milling about with my PA dressed as Santa Claus for the weekend. If you see me say hello.

I've not understood the sizes correctly so it's much bigger than I was expecting, but I will hopefully to be flying the flag for everyone who loves odd shits and fish and chips (& @chokeout

IMG_20230215_174144.jpg

• Paid Members
On 2/14/2023 at 12:20 AM, WyattSheepMask said:

3bkthXO.jpg

I get that merch, live shows and fleecing the marks with VIP Packages is where the money is now, but that’s taking the piss

anyone going to a show? im going Friday, gonna be a good one.

On 2/14/2023 at 9:12 AM, Shy Dad said:

If you're camping in Disabled I'll be milling about with my PA dressed as Santa Claus for the weekend. If you see me say hello.

I thought about camping but didn’t fancy it on my own and I’ve not camped in years so wasn’t looking forward to it. I’ve booked a cheap-ish hotel about 20mins away. Will definitely keep an eye out for a Santa though.

Bunch of more stuff added to a Download that - I must admit - makes me feel quite old looking at the undercard. From the new stuff I'm very much looking forward to Bob Vylan and the one-two French dark synth hit of Perturbator and Carpenter Brut. 

spacer.png

For fucks sake. I figured it would’ve been nailed on that Ghost would be playing one of the days Metallica were as they’re pals. The trio of Ghost, Parkway Drive and Slipknot is still a tasty prospect, but I genuinely can’t believe that Ghost have ended up on the  Sunday rather than either the Thursday or Saturday 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Bunch of more stuff added to a Download that - I must admit - makes me feel quite old looking at the undercard. From the new stuff I'm very much looking forward to Bob Vylan and the one-two French dark synth hit of Perturbator and Carpenter Brut. 

spacer.png

@Devon Malcolm you got your ticket? 

• Paid Members

Definitely feels like there's focus on new bands there. They seem to have filtered out the classic rock type bands that were filling up the main stage for a few years. I'm actually quite happy to see BMTH headline, I'm not a fan but it's nice to see a fresh band on top.

I've got a ticket to go on the Saturday this year, first time I will have been since 2012. I wouldn't have been arsed but was offered a lift and back so took it. Metallica will be great but there's enough across the day to keep my interest.

Edited by Egg Shen